BS in Accounting
Post University Online's Bachelor of Science in Accounting program gives students the chance to develop the accounting skills needed to pursue a career in the field. Learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Post University Online here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
School Offering Program:
Post University Online
Applicants to this Post University's Bachelor of Science in Accounting program must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have an associate's degree or completed some college
- Complete at least 16 college preparatory program credits
Post University Online's Bachelor of Science in Accounting program gives students the opportunity to learn from faculty members who have work experience in the accounting field. Required major courses are designed to teach managerial accounting, spreadsheets, cost accounting, auditing, accounting information systems, and federal income taxes. This program also include business core courses intended to teach financial accounting, macroeconomics, management, marketing, and finance principles. Additionally, students take accounting elective courses and general education courses in English, communications, liberal arts, math, and science.
Students could be able to qualify for financial aid in the form of grants and loans. Contact Post University Online's Office of Student Finance for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Accounting:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Post University Online to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Core (60 credits)
- ENG 110: College Writing (3 credits)
- ENG 120: College Writing II (3 credits)
- COM 107: Intro to Communications (3 credits)
- CIS 112: Introduction to Computing (3 credits)
- Students select eight electives (24 credits)
- MAT 120: College Algebra (3 credits)
- MAT 220: Statistics (3 credits)
- Students select 1 elective (3 credits)
- Students select five electives (15 credits)
Major, Core and Concentrations
Designated Writing Course
- BUS 311: Managerial Communications (3 credits)
- ACC 111: Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- ECO 201: Macroeconomics (3 credits)
- MGT 105: Principles of Management (3 credits)
- MKT 101: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
- FIN 201: Principles of Finance (3 credits)
- ACC 211: Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 215: Spreadsheet & General Ledger Applications (3 credits)
- ACC 301: Cost Accounting (3 credits)
- ACC 303: Intermediate Accounting I (3 credits)
- ACC 330: Federal Income Taxes (3 credits)
- ACC 340: Intermediate Accounting II (3 credits)
- ACC 430: Accounting Information Systems (3 credits)
- ACC 440: Auditing (3 credits)
- ACC 450: Advanced Accounting I OR ACC 451: Advanced Accounting II (3 credits)
- Students must take two ACC 300/400 level electives (6 credits)
- Students must take one unrestricted business elective (3 credits)
Career and Self-Awareness Courses
- CSS 101: Learning Across the Lifespan (3 credits)
- PSS 301: Work Life and Career Development (3 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
After earning the Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Post University Online, students could be interested in continuing their studies and earning a graduate degree. This could increase their knowledge of the accounting field and might prepare them for advanced positions.
Master's degrees include but are not limited to:
- Master in Accounting
- Master of Professional Accountancy
- Master in Accounting and Financial Management
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
Students who complete the Bachelor of Science in Accounting program at Post University Online could be able to pursue employment in the accounting field. Their work could include handling financial documents, overseeing budgets, and conducting audits, among other responsibilities.
Positions that graduates could be able to pursue include:
- Budget Analyst
- Credit Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Tax Examiner