BS in Business Administration - Information Systems Management
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Information Systems Management is designed to help students develop leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills and learn how to manage information systems. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems Management
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Bachelor of Science
Those interested in this program should have strong leadership and effective communication skills. They should also be action-oriented and be comfortable making decisions. Minimum admission requirements into this program include a high school diploma, GED, or the equivalent.
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Information Systems Management is designed to help students learn how to evaluate information management, planning, and control in business environments. Curriculum emphasizes the development of leadership, decision-making, and problem-solving skills. Program coursework covers a range of business areas, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, and strategic planning. Students also have the opportunity to take general education courses and courses in project management and information systems management.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Advanced Start Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Career Focus Area in Information Systems Management:
Coursework for this program includes core coursework in humanities, math, and sciences. Students are also exposed to major coursework that can build managerial and leadership skills, as well as teach the fundamentals of business. Concentration courses will focus more on the tech side with IT skills being a major focus. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- 100/200-level: General Education Courses (3 courses)
- 100/200-level: Math Course
- 200-level: Arts and Humanities Course
- 200-level: Science Course
- 200-level: Social Science Course
Open Electives Requirements (35 credits)
Major Requirements (88 credits)
- AC 113: Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR
- AC 114: Accounting I
- BU 204: Macroeconomics OR
- MT 220: Global Business
- BU 224: Microeconomics
- MM 255: Business Math and Statistical Measures
- MT 140: Introduction to Management
- MT 203: Human Resource Management OR
- MT 209: Small Business Management
- MT 217: Finance
- MT 219: Marketing
- LS 311: Business Law OR
- LS 312: Ethics and the Legal Environment
- MM 305: Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
- MT 302: Organizational Behavior
- MT 400: Business Process Management OR
- MT 435: Operations Management
- MT 445: Managerial Economics OR
- MT 480: Corporate Finance
- MT 460: Management Policy and Strategy
- 300/400 Level: Marketing Course
- MT 490: Bachelor's Internship in Management OR
- MT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Management
Concentration Requirements (24 credits)
- MT 422: Portfolio Management
- MT 423: Asset Allocation and Risk Management
- MT 424: Introduction to Derivatives and Risk Management
- MT 483: Investments
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
After earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Information Systems Management students could continue their education in a master's degree program. Earning a master's degree could help students qualify for or pursue more advanced positions in the business administration and information systems management fields.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Technology / Project Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology / Information Security and Assurance
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Information Systems Management is designed to help prepare students to pursue positions in a variety of business fields. Upon graduation, students may be able to seek careers in business management, business administration, information systems management, or information technology.
Positions that graduates could pursue include:
- Information systems manager
- Information technology consultant
- Network administrator
- Database administrator
- Office manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!