BS in Business Administration - Marketing
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Marketing is designed for students who are looking for a well-rounded business education with coursework that emphasizes skills needed for a career in marketing. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Bachelor of Science
Students looking into this program should have a creative mindset and the ability to think outside the box. On top of that, they should have strong communication skills and a desire to go into a leadership position. Minimum requirements for admission into the program include a high school diploma, GED, or the equivalent.
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Marketing combines core courses in business administration with concentration courses in marketing. Students also have the opportunity to take general liberal arts courses as well as courses covering foundational topics in business such as finance, economics, operations management, and HR. Marketing concentration coursework will dive deeper into advertising, market research, and better understanding user behavior. Students also can customize the rest of their curriculum with electives. The program culminates with a capstone course or internship in management.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing:
Business coursework will cover fundamental topics related to management and operations. The specialized courses in marketing will go deeper into marketing specific techniques and strategies. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- 100/200-level: General Education Courses (3 courses)
- 100/200-level: Math Course
- 200-level: Arts and Humanities Course
- 200-level: Science Course
- 200-level: Social Science Course
Open Electives Requirements (35 credits)
Major Requirements (88 credits)
- AC 113: Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR
- AC 114: Accounting I
- BU 204: Macroeconomics OR
- MT 220: Global Business
- BU 224: Microeconomics
- MM 255: Business Math and Statistical Measures
- MT 140: Introduction to Management
- MT 203: Human Resource Management OR
- MT 209: Small Business Management
- MT 217: Finance
- MT 219: Marketing
- LS 311: Business Law OR
- LS 312: Ethics and the Legal Environment
- MM 305: Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
- MT 302: Organizational Behavior
- MT 400: Business Process Management OR
- MT 435: Operations Management
- MT 445: Managerial Economics OR
- MT 480: Corporate Finance
- MT 460: Management Policy and Strategy
- 300/400 Level: Marketing Course
- MT 490: Bachelor's Internship in Management OR
- MT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Management
Concentration Requirements (24 credits)
- MT 330: International Marketing
- MT 359: Advertising, Promotion, PR - Integrated Marketing Communication Strategies
- MT 459: Consumer Behavior
- MT 355: Marketing Research OR
- MT 450: Marketing Management
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Marketing can help prepare students for continuing education at the graduate level. Students could choose to earn a master's degree in business administration or a related marketing degree.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration / Marketing
- Master of Science in Management
After completing Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a concentration in Marketing, students could pursue entry-level positions in business, marketing, or advertising. Employment opportunities may be available through small businesses, large corporations, non-profit organizations, or government agencies.
Positions that graduates could pursue include:
- Marketing assistant
- Marketing manager
- Market research analyst
- Advertising consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!