BS in Business Administration - Purchasing
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with concentration in Purchasing is designed to help students learn various aspects of business, including managing, marketing, accounting, and ethics. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with concentration in Purchasing
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Bachelor of Science
Those interested in earning their BS in Business Administration with a focus on Purchasing should have strong leadership and communication skills. Potential students should also be analytical and be comfortable around numbers. Minimum admission requirements into this program include a high school diploma, GED, or the equivalent.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at Purdue University Global combines core requirements with major courses in business and specialized coursework in purchasing. The major curriculum includes instructions in areas such as managerial accounting, organizational behavior, business law, and marketing. The purchasing career area includes further instruction in managing information systems, operations management, and supply chain management. Students in this program may develop analytical, organizational, and management skills.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with concentration in Purchasing :
This degree program has coursework focused on building leadership skills to become an effective manager. Students in this concentration will also get exposure to operations management and how to manage quality of a product. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Major Requirements (88 credits)
- AC 113: Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR
- AC 114: Accounting I
- BU 204: Macroeconomics OR
- MT 220: Global Business
- BU 224: Microeconomics
- MM 255: Business Math and Statistical Measures
- MT 140: Introduction to Management
- MT 203: Human Resource Management OR
- MT 209: Small Business Management
- MT 217: Finance
- MT 219: Marketing
- LS 311: Business Law OR
- LS 312: Ethics and the Legal Environment
- MM 305: Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
- MT 302: Organizational Behavior
- MT 400: Business Process Management OR
- MT 435: Operations Management
- MT 445: Managerial Economics OR
- MT 480: Corporate Finance
- MT 460: Management Policy and Strategy
- 300/400 Level: Marketing Course
- MT 490: Bachelor's Internship in Management OR
- MT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Management
Purchasing Career Focus (24 credits)
- MT 300: Management of Information Systems
- MT 435: Operations Management
- MT 475: Quality Management
- MT 482: Financial Statement Analysis
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- 100/200-level: General Education Courses (3 courses)
- 100/200-level: Math Course
- 200-level: Arts and Humanities Course
- 200-level: Science Course
- 200-level: Social Science Course
Open Electives Requirements (35 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of this Purdue University Global program may be ready for entry-level positions or to continue their education at the master's degree level. Graduates who hold a master's degree may have additional skills that help them to qualify for a wider range of careers or positions. Examples of graduate degree programs students could apply for include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration / Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Master of Science in Management
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program with a focus in Purchasing may help students develop skills in finance, accounting, purchasing, and management. These abilities may prepare graduate for a variety of positions. Job opportunities graduates could pursue include:
- Merchandising manager
- Sales manager
- Purchasing agent
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!