BS in Business Administration - Wealth Management
Students enrolled in Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management Career Focus Area have the opportunity to develop their knowledge in a variety of business areas, including finance. Keep reading to learn more about this program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management Career concentration
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Students considering the BS in Business Administration with a Wealth Management concentration should have an interest in long-term planning, research, and crunching numbers. Applicants to Purdue University Global must have a high school diploma or the equivalent. Students may also complete an orientation prior to beginning their classes. Some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management concentration gives students the opportunity to develop teamwork, leadership, communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Major courses are designed to teach students about accounting, macroeconomics, microeconomics, finance, marketing and management, among other areas. Through the wealth management concentration, students also have the opportunity to learn about financial planning, risk management, professional selling, corporate finance and investments. Students complete a management internship or capstone. Students with prior experience and related skills may be able to use the ExcelTrack option to earn their degree in less time.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management Career Focus Area:
Students must complete 180 credits to earn the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management concentration. The wealth management courses consist of 30 credits, which are completed as part of the 59-credit requirement for open electives.
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- College Composition I
- College Composition II
- Professionalism - Theory and Practice in the Global Workplace
- Math (choose one of the following):
- Survey of Mathematics
- College Algebra
- Arts and Humanities (choose one of the following):
- Modern Creative Expressions
- Humanities and Culture
- Science (choose one of the following):
- Discovering Science - Current Issues in a Changing World
- General Biology I - Human Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Microbiology
- Fundamentals of Science
- Social Science (choose one of the following):
- The 1960s - Reshaping the American Dream
- People, Power, and Politics - An Introduction to American Government
- The Technological Revolution - A Social Scientific Approach
Major Requirements (88 credits)
- Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR Accounting I
- Macroeconomics OR Global Business
- Business Math and Statistical Measures
- Introduction to Management
- Human Resource Management OR Small Business Management
- Business Law OR Ethics and the Legal Environment
- Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Process Management OR Operations Management
- Managerial Economics OR Corporate Finance
- Management Policy and Strategy
- 300/400 Level Marketing Course
- Bachelor's Internship in Management OR Bachelor's Capstone in Management
Wealth Management Career Focus Area Requirements (30 credits)
- Financial Planning
- Principles of Risk Management and Insurance
- Professional Selling
- Corporate Finance
Furthering Your Education:
After completing the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management concentration, students could be interested in pursuing a master's degree. This may lead to additional career opportunities or additional professional responsibilities.
Master's degree options for graduates include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Wealth Management concentration program may be able to pursue entry-level positions where they can apply skills developed in the program. They may be able to find a position in a variety of fields, including banking, accounting, finance or manufacturing, among others.
Positions that graduates may be able to pursue include:
- Financial analyst
- Operations manager
- Management analyst
- Wealth manager
- Financial advisor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!