BS in Cloud Computing and Solutions
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions program is designed for aspiring software engineers, application developers, or computer programmers. Learn more about Purdue University Global's BS in Cloud Computing and Solutions program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Cloud Computing and Solutions
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Bachelor of Science
This program is designed for those who are analytical and are comfortable around computers. Strong technology skills and comfort with various technical tools is required. Program admission requirements include a GED or high school diploma.
Students of Purdue University Global's online BS in Cloud Computing and Solutions program have the opportunity to study foundational and advanced topics relating to software development, cloud computing, information system design, and cloud security. In addition, the program offers a basic education in information technology, systems and database design, innovation, and project management. Courses in the career focus area address database and networking topics, app development, cloud services, systems analysis and design, and project management.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an BS in Cloud Computing and Solutions:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Major Requirements (135 credits)
- CM241: Foundations of Technical Communication (2 credits)
- IT104: Introduction to Cybersecurity (5 credits)
- IT213: Software Development Concepts (5 credits)
- IT222: Introduction to Cloud Computing (5 credits)
- IT227: Cloud Infrastructure Administration (5 credits)
- IT234: Database Concepts (5 credits)
- IT273: Networking Concepts (5 credits)
- IT275: Linux System Administration (5 credits)
- IT278: Network Administration (5 credits)
- IT286: Network Security Concepts (5 credits)
- MM250: Discrete Mathematics (5 credits)
- MT140: Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- IT301: Project Management I (6 credits)
- IT303: Virtualization and Cloud Security (6 credits)
- IT304: Application Development and Scripting in the Cloud (6 credits)
- IT306: Cloud Services Management (6 credits)
- IT332: Principles of Information Systems Architecture (6 credits)
- IT374: Linux Security (6 credits)
- IT375: Windows Enterprise Administration (6 credits)
- IT388: Routing and Switching I (6 credits)
- IT403: Advanced Cloud Security (6 credits)
- IT404: Security Testing for Cloud Applications (6 credits)
- IT413: Migrating Data and Applications to the Cloud (6 credits)
- IT460: Systems Analysis and Design (6 credits)
- IT473: Bachelor's Capstone in Cloud Computing and Solutions (6 credits)
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- 100/200: Gen Ed Courses (18 credits)
- 200-level: Arts and Humanities Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Physical Science Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Social Science Course (5 credits)
Open Elective Requirements (12 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Purdue University Global's BS in Cloud Computing and Solutions program could enhance their technical skills by entering a graduate degree program. A master's degree could also help graduates assume greater responsibilities in the workplace or possibly advance in their careers.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Project Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Business Intelligence
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Entrepreneurship
Completion of Purdue University Global's BS in Cloud Computing and Solutions program could allow grads to pursue careers in cloud computing, software development, information security, or technical support. They could be employed in a variety of industries and apply skills they might have developed in the program to work on business information systems.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Software engineer
- Systems programmer
- Software support technician
- Information systems application developer
*Speak to an Admissions Advisor or refer to the University Catalog for the Transfer of Credit policy.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!