BS in Cybersecurity
By earning a BS in Cybersecurity from Purdue University Global, students can develop their knowledge of the current tools and systems in this fast-growing industry. This online program is a great fit for those intending to pursue a career in IT security.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
This program is ideal for students interested in gaining real-world experience in the world of IT security. In order to enter the BS in Cybersecurity program, students must have a high school diploma or equivalent, such as a GED. Additionally, if you have completed certification exams previously, you may be able to receive credit towards your degree for passing those exams.
The BS in Cybersecurity program gives students the opportunity to prepare for important industry certifications for a career in protecting companies from ever-increasing cyberthreats. This online program focuses on tools and methodologies to secure systems, understanding how these systems are designed, and measuring risk. Students will receive up-to-date training on current best practices in the industry, as well as emerging new practices that can be helpful in launching their careers. Real-world examples are a key part of the curricula to make sure students have the chance to easily apply what they've learned.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the BS in Cybersecurity:
Students in this program must take 40 Core Credits, 117 Major Credits, and 23 Elective Credits. Each course ranges from 2 to 6 credits.
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (40 credits)
- College Composition I
- College Composition II
- Foundations of Technical Communication
- Professionalism - Theory and Practice in the Global Workplace
- College Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- Choose one of the following Arts and Humanities courses
- Arts and Humanities - Modern Creative Expressions
- Humanities and Culture
- Choose one of the following Science courses
- Discovering Science - Current Issues in a Changing World
- General Biology I - Human Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Microbiology
- Fundamentals of Science
- Choose one of the following Social Science courses
- The 1960s - Reshaping the American Dream
- People, Power, and Politics - An Introduction to American Government
- The Technological Revolution - A Social Scientific Approach
Cybersecurity Major Requirements (117 credits)
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Certified Ethical Hacking I
- Networking Concepts
- Linux System Administration
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional I
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional II
- Networking with TCP/IP
- Network Security Concepts
- Introduction to Management
- Computer Forensics
- Technology Infrastructure
- Linux Security
- Routing and Switching I
- Intrusion Detection and Incidence Response
- Certified Ethical Hacking II
- Ethics in Cybersecurity
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional III
- Digital Forensics
- Information Systems Security
- Cybersecurity Policies
- Bachelor's-Level Cybersecurity Internship OR Bachelor's Capstone in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Elective Requirements (23 credits)
- 5 credits of 100/200 level courses
- 18 credits of 300/400 level courses
Furthering Your Education:
Purdue University Global offers accelerated degrees for a Master of Science in Information Technology and a Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management, both of which are good options for students looking to continue their studies. Those who earn a minimum specified undergraduate GPA can gain entry to a shortened Master's program, saving you time and money.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management
Those who earn a degree in Cybersecurity have the opportunity to find in IT security jobs with many companies, as the field is growing quickly. Some potential jobs people with this degree might pursue are:
- Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Forensic Investigator
- Ethical Hacker
- IT Auditor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!