BS in Information Technology - IT Management
Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a focus area in IT Management program is designed to develop technical and management skills needed to begin a career in the information technology field. Learn more about Purdue University Global's BS in Information Technology - IT Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a focus in IT Management
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Bachelor of Science
Students looking into this program should have a high comfort level with computer systems as well as an analytical mindset. They should also have strong leadership skills and the ability to think critically and creatively. To enroll in this program, students must have be a high school graduate or have earned their GED or the equivalent.
Once enrolled in Purdue University Global's online Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a focus in IT Management program, students have the opportunity to develop communication, leadership, and time management skills through fundamental and advanced courses in information technology management. Program coursework offers students the opportunity to study project management techniques, IT consulting theories and practices, management concepts, and database implementations. Within the IT management concentration, students can choose four electives such as ethical hacking, digital forensics, or linux security to focus their studies.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Focus in IT Management:
Courses for this degree program include core courses and general education requirements as well as 105 total major credits. In the IT management concentration, students will choose four total courses which come to 21-24 total credits. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Information Systems Management Career Focus Area (21-24 credits)
- IT 262: Certified Ethical Hacking I
- IT 277: Certified Information Systems Security Professional I
- IT 279: Certified Information Systems Security Professional II
- IT 303: Virtualization and Cloud Security
- IT 374: Linux Security
- IT 375: Windows Enterprise Administration
- IT 390: Intrusion Detection and Incidence Response
- IT 395: Certified Ethical Hacking II
- IT 401: Project Management II
- IT 410: Certified Information Systems Security Professional III
- IT 411: Digital Forensics
- IT 412: Information Systems Security
- IT 471: Routing and Switching II
Major Requirements (105 credits)
- CM 241: Foundations of Technical Communication (2 credits)
- IT 117: Website Development (5 credits)
- IT 133: Microsoft Office Applications on Demand (5 credits)
- IT 163: Database Concepts Using Microsoft Access (5 credits)
- IT 190: Information Technology Concepts (5 credits)
- IT 213: Software Development Concepts (5 credits)
- IT 232: Software Design and Development Concepts (5 credits)
- IT 234: Database Concepts (5 credits)
- IT 273: Networking Concepts (5 credits)
- IT 286: Network Security Concepts (5 credits)
- MM 250: Discrete Mathematics (5 credits)
- MT 140: Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- IT 301: Project Management I (6 credits)
- IT 302: Human Computer Interaction (6 credits)
- IT 331: Technology Infrastructure (6 credits)
- IT 332: Principles of Information Systems Architecture (6 credits)
- IT 350: Advanced Database Concepts (6 credits)
- IT 402: IT Consulting Skills (6 credits)
- IT 460: Systems Analysis and Design (6 credits)
- IT 489: Bachelor's-Level Information Technology Internship (6 credits) OR
- IT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Information Technology (6 credits)
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- 100/200-level: General Education Courses (18 credits)
- 200-level: Arts and Humanities Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Physical Science Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Social Science Course (5 credits)
- Open electives (18-21 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a focus in IT Management program could further develop their management and technical skills by entering a graduate degree program. A master's degree could lead to advancement or greater responsibilities in the field.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Information Security and Assurance
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Business Intelligence
- Master of Business Administration in Information Technology
Upon completion of Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a focus in IT Management program, graduates could seek management positions in the IT departments of nearly any type of industry or possibly work as consultants. They could utilize skills they might have developed in the program to administer, develop, and configure business information systems.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Information systems developer
- Network administrator
- Information technology manager
- Technology consultant
- Information systems manager
*Speak to an Admissions Advisor or refer to the University Catalog for the Transfer of Credit policy.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!