Master of Health Information Management
Purdue University Global's Master of Health Information Management degree program was created for individuals who would like to one day pursue supervisory and administrative positions in the field. Read on for program specifics and course requirements.
Official Program Name:
Master of Health Information Management
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Students applying to Purdue University Global's Master in Health Information Management program should be interested in health information standards and policies, as they pertain to community health.
Any student applying to a graduate program with Purdue University Global will need to provide an unofficial transcript that proves bachelor's degree program completion from an accredited institution.
Students who undertake Purdue University Global's Master of Health Information Management have the opportunity to learn about managing health information to improve clinical and public health outcomes. The program focuses on standards and policies surrounding health information, as well as how students can develop health information policy based on industry needs and evaluate health information using statistical models. Lastly, the Master of Health Information Management program allows students to assess how economics, ethics, and the law impact health information.
48 credit hours.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Master of Health Information Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (44 credits)
- Leadership in Health Care (4 credits)
- Health Care Financial Management (4 credits)
- Human Resources for Health Care Managers (4 credits)
- Health Care Statistics (4 credits)
- Health Information Systems (4 credits)
- Clinical Terminologies and Medical Vocabularies (4 credits)
- Project Management of Health Information Systems (4 credits)
- Organizational Development and Management for Health Information (4 credits)
- Health Care Data Analytics (4 credits)
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Information (4 credits)
- Master's Capstone in Health Information Management (4 credits)
Open Elective Requirements (4 credits)
- Students are required to complete at 4 open elective credits.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of a Master in Health Information Management program may choose to pursue doctorate level education. Doctorate level degrees may appeal to thos who want to participate in advanced research, organizational development in the healthcare industry, or leadership positions.
Examples of doctoral programs include:
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Healthcare Management
- Doctor of Healthcare Management (DHA)
- Doctor of Health Informatics
- Ph.D. in Health Information Management
Purdue University Global's Master of Health Information Management offers students the opportunity to develop management skills related to data organization and compliance in the healthcare setting.
Students who graduate from this program may have interest in careers such as:
- Health information technician
- Medical records manager
- Clinical or Administrative data quality manager
- Health information management (HiM) documentation specialist
- Electronic medical records (EMR) consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!