BS in Finance
Students of Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Finance program are offered a diverse financial education with the opportunity to choose a specific area of concentration. Read on to find out more about this online bachelor's degree program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Finance
School Offering Program:
Purdue University Global
Applicants to the BS in Finance program at Purdue University Global should have an interest in financial management and business practice. Those applying for the program need to have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Purdue University Global's BS in Finance program is designed to prepare students for the world of business finance, and offers students the opportunity to gain fundamental knowledge of finance. Students have a chance to develop financial skills, including financial analysis and interpretation, risk analysis, and application of financial principles to real-world scenarios. The program aims to help students understand how make financial decisions, using critical thinking skills and knowledge of the various factors at play with financial decisions.
The school also offers concentrations for the degree, including those for General Finance, Investments, Wealth Management, and Real Estate.
180 credit hours.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Purdue University Global's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the BS in Finance:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Purdue University Global to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
The following courses are required for Purdue University Global's Bachelor of Science in Finance with no specific concentration. The school offers the BS in Finance degree with concentration areas in General Finance, Investments, Real Estate, and Wealth Management, which have different major elective requirements than those listed below.
Core Requirements (33 credits)
- College Composition I (5 credits)
- College Composition II (5 credits)
- Professionalism - Theory and Practice in the Global Workplace (3 credits)
- Mathematics - select one of the following courses (5 credits):
- Survey of Mathematics
- College Algebra
- Arts & Humanities - select one of the following courses (5 credits):
- Arts and Humanities - Modern Creative Expressions
- Humanities and Culture
- Science - select one of the following courses (5 credits):
- Discovering Science - Current Issues in a Changing World
- General Biology I - Human Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Microbiology
- Fundamentals of Science
- Social Science - select one of the following courses (5 credits):
- The 1960s - Reshaping the American Dream
- People, Power, and Politics - An Introduction to American Government
- The Technological Revolution - A Social Scientific Approach
Major Requirements (106 credits)
- Accounting I (5 credits)
- Accounting II (5 credits)
- Macroeconomics (5 credits)
- Microeconomics (5 credits)
- Business Math and Statistical Measures (5 credits)
- Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- Finance (5 credits)
- Marketing (5 credits)
- Business Law (6 credits)
- Business Statistics and Quantitative Analysis (6 credits)
- Organizational Behavior (6 credits)
- Corporate Finance (6 credits)
- Financial Markets (6 credits)
- Financial Statement Analysis (6 credits)
- Investments (6 credits)
- Major Electives (see below) 18
- Bachelor's Internship in Finance (6 credits)
- Bachelor's Capstone in Finance
Open Elective Requirements (106 credits)
- 100/200 Level Open Elective (5 credits)
- 300/400 Level Open Electives (36 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete Purdue University Global's BS in Finance degree may choose to pursue a master's degree program focused on business or business finance. A master's degree may open up new career opportunities, or help students gain a deeper knowledge of the field.
Some master's degree programs of interest may include:
- Master of Science in Finance (available at Purdue University Global)
- Master of Science in Accounting (available at Purdue University Global)
- Master of Business Administration (available at Purdue University Global)
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership (available at Purdue University Global)
- Master of Business Economics
Purdue University Global's BS in Finance is focused on the factors that affect financial decisions and helping students learn critical thinking skills that will allow them to solve financial problems in the business world.
Student's graduating from the program may be interested in careers such as:
- Financial manager
- Budget analyst
- Personal financial advisor
- Loan officer
- General manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!