MS in Health Administration
The Master of Science in Health Administration program is designed to provide students with an understanding of health care business and organizational management practices. Continue reading for more information regarding this graduate degree program from Saint Joseph's University.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Health Administration
School Offering Program:
Saint Joseph's University
This program is designed for individuals who have experience working in clinical care, health services, or a related field. Exceptional communication skills and leadership abilities could prove helpful. Applicants to Saint Joseph's University's program should have earned at least a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Individuals enrolled in the Master of Science in Health Administration program have the opportunity to examine theoretical foundations, research, and trends in the field. Courses are designed to provide participants with an understanding of operational essentials, including patient care optimization, health care budgeting, policy development, business strategizing, and information systems management practices. The program is also intended to cover topics specific to health insurance and managed care. In addition, students have the chance to explore industry laws as well as professional and moral ethics, including those concerning such topics as genetic testing, health care experimentation, and euthanasia. Through the completion of additional credits, program participants could be able to specialize in health informatics.
Total Credits Required:
Financial assistance may be available in the form of student loans or grants. Active military, reservists and spouses of these military personnel may be eligible for tuition discounts for online degrees and graduate level certificate programs. Contact Saint Joseph's University to learn more.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Health Administration:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Saint Joseph's University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- HAD 550: Health Services Research (3 Credits)
- HAD 552: Health Administration (3 Credits)
- HAD 553: Health Care Organization (3 Credits)
- HAD 554: Health Care Law (3 Credits)
- HAD 555: Accounting for Health Care Organizations (3 Credits)
- HAD 556: Financial Management of Health Care Organizations (3 Credits)
- HAD 560: Health Care Informatics (3 Credits)
- HAD 600: Ethics of Health Care (3 Credits)
- HAD 700: Integrative Capstone Course in Health Services (3 Credits)
- HSV 551: Managed Health Care (3 Credits)
- Ethics Specialization (36 credit hours)
- HAD 559: Health Policy
- HED 552: Epidemiology and Community Health
- Informatics Specialization (42 credit hours)
- HAD 562: Health Information Management Systems Data and Infrastructure
- HAD 563: Health Information Management Systems Applications
- HAD 564: Computer Based Patient Record
- HAD 561: Health Care and the Internet
After earning a Master of Science in Health Administration degree from Saint Joseph's University, graduates could be able take on additional responsibilities related to their current position. Opportunities could be found with hospitals, clinics, medical practices, long term care facilities, mental health facilities, rehabilitation centers, insurance companies, or colleges. Professionals in this position could be able to undertake tasks in quality assurance, change management, budgeting, or marketing.
Individuals with this type of master's degree could seek work as:
- Health services administrators
- Medical office managers
- Health care administration instructors
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!