BBA - Acquisition and Contract Management Concentration
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management program have the opportunity to study cost and price analysis, contract and acquisitions management, and related business topics. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management
School Offering Program:
Students who are thinking about enrolling in Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management may have some experience in the business field, through this is not necessarily required. Applicants to Strayer University should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management program combines a strong liberal arts component with fundamental business instruction. Enrolled students have the opportunity to take core business courses, general studies courses, business administration courses, and concentration area courses. Students also get the chance to choose electives with the help of an Academic Advisor.
Total Credits Required:
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I-Core Component (27 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- BUS 107: Fundamentals of E-Business
- CIS 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 105: Introduction to College Mathematics
Area II-Major Component (27 credits)
- BUS 302: Principles of Management
- BUS 309: Business Ethics
- ECO 100: Principles of Economics
- FIN 100: Principles of Finance
- LEG 100: Business Law I
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing
Area II-Concentration Component (27 credits)
- BUS 315: Cost and Price Analysis
- BUS 319: Principles of Federal Acquisition and Contract Management
- BUS 330: Contract Administration and Management
- BUS 340: Contract and Purchasing Negotiation Techniques OR
- BUS 375: Project Management
- BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone
- LEG 440: Procurement and Contract Law
Area III-General Studies Component (54 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- ENG 240: Communication for Business and the Professions
- HUM 100: Introduction to Art, Music, and Literature
- HUM 101: The Origins of Western Culture
- HUM 200: Logic
- HUM 400: Religion and Philosophy
- MAT 300: Statistics
- POL 300: Contemporary International Problems OR
- ECO 405: Economic Problems and Issues
- PSY 100: The Individual and Society OR
- PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- SCI 110: Introduction to Physical Science OR
- SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Area IV-Elective Component (45 credits)
These courses are selected in consultation with an Academic Advisor.
Furthering Your Education
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management program helps prepare students for continuing education at the graduate level. Students could choose to purse a Master of Business Administration or another master's degree in a related business area.
Master's degree options for program graduates include but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management
Graduates of Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Acquisition and Contract Management program could pursue managerial positions in business, government, and non-profit organizations. Their work may involve contract management, acquisitions administration, or purchasing analysis.
Positions that graduates could pursue include:
- Acquisitions manager
- Contract manager
- Office manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!