BBA - Finance Concentration
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance program introduces students to financial management, financial markets, and related topics. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance
School Offering Program:
Students seeking admission to Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance program should have an aptitude for math and an interest in working in the finance industry. Applicants to Strayer University should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance program combines general studies courses with instruction in business and finance fundamentals. While enrolled in the program, students have the opportunity to study business, accounting, marketing, economics, management, and business ethics. Concentration courses provide instruction in money and banking, financial management, financial markets, cost and price analysis, and investments. Students are also required to complete a capstone course designed to demonstrate knowledge of program concepts.
Total Credits Required:
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I-Core Component (27 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- BUS 107: Fundamentals of E-Business
- CIS 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 105: Introduction to College Mathematics
Area II-Major Component (27 credits)
- BUS 302: Principles of Management
- BUS 309: Business Ethics
- ECO 100: Principles of Economics
- FIN 100: Principles of Finance
- LEG 100: Business Law I
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing
Area II-Concentration Component (27 credits)
- BUS 315: Cost and Price Analysis
- BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone
- ECO 320: Money and Banking
- FIN 300: Financial Management
- FIN 320: Investments
- FIN 350: Financial Markets and Institutions
Area III-General Studies Component (54 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- ENG 240: Communication for Business and the Professions
- HUM 100: Introduction to Art, Music, and Literature
- HUM 101: The Origins of Western Culture
- HUM 200: Logic
- HUM 400: Religion and Philosophy
- MAT 300: Statistics
- POL 300: Contemporary International Problems OR
- ECO 405: Economic Problems and Issues
- PSY 100: The Individual and Society OR
- PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- SCI 110: Introduction to Physical Science OR
- SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Area IV-Elective Component (45 credits)
These courses are selected in consultation with an Academic Advisor.
Furthering Your Education
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance program is designed to help prepare students for graduate-level education. After earning a master's degree in finance, business administration, or a related area, students may be able to pursue new career opportunities or take on additional responsibilities in their current positions.
Master's degree options for program graduates include but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance
- Master of Finance
After completing Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance program, students could be prepared to pursue a wide range of positions within the finance industry. Upon graduation, their work may involve investment, financial planning, or financial management.
Positions that graduates could pursue include:
- Financial manager
- Financial planner
- Financial investor
- Bank manager