Strayer University | BBA - Management Concentration
The Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Management program is designed to provide students with a strong liberal arts foundation. Participants also have the chance to examine theoretical and practical approaches for working in various business environments. Read more about this Strayer University online degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Management
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in enrolling in this program may be working professionals, though this is not required. They may have natural leadership abilities and strong communication skills. Applicants to Strayer University should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Management curriculum is designed to help students understand economics, budgetary analysis, fiscal management, and marketing theories and practices within domestic and global organizational settings. The program is intended to develop students' ethical leadership skills as well as communication, problem-solving, and critical-thinking abilities. Within the concentration area, participants have the opportunity to study topics related to personnel relations, including employment regulations, hiring practices, workforce development, change management, dispute resolution, and employee compensation. In addition, the program is designed to teach students techniques for creating and evaluating business policies and action plans.
Online and Campus-Based
Total Credits Required:
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I - Core Component (27 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- BUS 107: Fundamentals of E-Business
- CIS 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 105: Introduction to College Mathematics
Area II - Major Component (27 credits)
- BUS 302: Principles of Management
- BUS 309: Business Ethics
- ECO 100: Principles of Economics
- FIN 100: Principles of Finance
- LEG 100: Business Law I
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing
Area II - Concentration Component (27 credits)
- BUS 310: Human Resource Management
- BUS 322: Principles of Organizational Behavior
- BUS 490: Business Policy
- BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone
- ECO 320: Money and Banking
- ITB 305: International Business
Area III - General Studies Component (54 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- ENG 240: Communication for Business and the Professions
- HUM 100: Introduction to Art, Music, and Literature
- HUM 101: The Origins of Western Culture
- HUM 200: Logic
- HUM 400: Religion and Philosophy
- MAT 300: Statistics
- POL 300: Contemporary International Problems OR ECO 405: Economic Problems and Issues
- PSY 100: The Individual and Society OR PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- SCI 110: Introduction to Physical Science OR SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Area IV - Elective Component (45 credits)
Within the 45-credit elective requirement, students have the opportunity to develop a minor concentration. However, students at Strayer University New Jersey campuses must complete five elective courses from economics, English, foreign languages, history, humanities, mathematics, political science, psychology, science, or sociology fields.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Management program could go on to pursue a related master's degree. Participating in a higher-level degree program could provide individuals with advanced theoretical knowledge of business and management practices. It could also serve to develop their practical leadership skills.
Examples of master's degree programs that graduates could enroll in include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Public Administration
The Business Administration with a Concentration in Management program is designed to provide students with knowledge of the structural and operational components of organizational settings. Graduates of this Strayer University program could go on to work in a number of fields, including sales, communications, or finance. Opportunities could be sought within small and large businesses, hospitals, not-for-profit agencies, colleges, or consulting firms.
Jobs that graduates could pursue include:
- Office administrator
- Division supervisor
- Retail store manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!