BBA - Marketing Concentration
Strayer University's Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing program is intended to provide students with knowledge of core organizational operations and marketing theories and practices. Find out more about this flexible online degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in enrolling in this Strayer University program may be working professionals. They may have experience in such areas as retail sales, customer service, or management. Applicants to Strayer University should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing program is designed to provide students with a general education foundation while teaching them about major topics, including economics, fiscal analysis, and budgeting. Students also have the chance to examine concepts in professional ethics, industry laws, and managerial techniques. The marketing concentration is intended to provide students with an overview of how to plan, develop, and assess marketing strategies within traditional, global, and Web campaigns. Other topics covered in the program include pricing strategies, cost analysis, value formation, and product life cycles.
Online and Campus-Based
Total Credits Required:
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I - Core Component (27 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- BUS 107: Fundamentals of E-Business
- CIS 105: Introduction to Information Systems
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 105: Introduction to College Mathematics
Area II - Major Component (27 credits)
- BUS 302: Principles of Management
- BUS 309: Business Ethics
- ECO 100: Principles of Economics
- FIN 100: Principles of Finance
- LEG 100: Business Law I
- MKT 100: Principles of Marketing
Area II - Concentration Component (27 credits)
- BUS 499: Business Administration Capstone
- MKT 310: Retail Management
- MKT 320: International Marketing
- MKT 327: E-Marketing
- MKT 402: Strategic Market Pricing
- MKT 405: Principles of Advertising and Sales Management
Area III - General Studies Component (54 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- ENG 240: Communication for Business and the Professions
- HUM 100: Introduction to Art, Music, and Literature
- HUM 101: The Origins of Western Culture
- HUM 200: Logic
- HUM 400: Religion and Philosophy
- MAT 300: Statistics
- POL 300: Contemporary International Problems OR ECO 405: Economic Problems and Issues
- PSY 100: The Individual and Society OR PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- SCI 110: Introduction to Physical Science OR SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Area IV - Elective Component (45 credits)
New Jersey students must take five electives from specific fields, including economics, English, foreign languages, history, humanities, mathematics, political science, psychology, science, and sociology. With the number of elective courses required, it is possible for students to complete an undergraduate minor.
Furthering Your Education:
Individuals who have completed this Strayer University program could decide to pursue a graduate degree. Participating in a master's degree program could provide students with advanced business and leadership skills. It could also allow students to further concentrate on marketing theories and practices.
Relevant master's degrees that graduates could seek include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Master of Science in Communications
The Bachelor of Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing program is designed to help develop students' critical-thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities. Graduates of this program could be able to seek opportunities in public or private sectors, with businesses, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, health care organizations, or colleges.
Examples of positions that graduate could be able to pursue include:
- Advertising sales professional
- Consumer market research analyst
- Retail store manager