BS in Information Technology - Web Development Technology
Students who are seeking a technology-based education that can also be completed online might be interested in Strayer University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in Web Development Technology.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Web Development Technology
School Offering Program:
In addition to being familiar with mathematics and science, potential program candidates should be analytically-minded and proficient with computers. Good communication skills are also necessary to function as a member of a team of information technology specialists. They should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent; however, graduate or specialized programs may have additional requirements.
Students are given the opportunity to learn the programming skills necessary to design and implement information systems for a variety of companies and organizations. They will be able to study concepts such as strategic information systems planning, systems development methodologies, and technology infrastructure. This concentration focuses on giving program participants the tools they need to eventually perform job tasks such as building and managing websites and databases, creating intranets, and developing web interfaces. Students can also learn coding and Java programming skills.
Online and Campus-Based
Students enrolled in Strayer University may be eligible for federal grants and loans, employer tuition assistance, military benefits, state grants, institutional scholarships, and private loans.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Concentration in Web Development Technology:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Strayer University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Area I - Core Component (22.5 credits)
- ACC 100: Accounting I
- BUS 100: Introduction to Business
- CIS 110: Computer Programming Design
- ENG 115: English Composition
- MAT 104: Algebra with Applications
Area II - Major Core Component (27 credits)
- CIS 111: Introduction to Relational Database Management Systems
- CIS 155: Operating Systems
- CIS 175: Introduction to Networking
- CIS 210: Systems Analysis and Development
- CIS 324: Computer Ethics
- CIS 331: System Modeling Theory
Area II - Concentration Component (31.5 credits)
In order to complete the program, students are required to choose from several concentration areas.
Area III - General Education Component (54 credits)
- ENG 215: Research and Writing
- ENG 315: Professional Communications
- HIS 105: Contemporary U.S. History OR
- POL 110: U.S. Government
- HUM 111: World Cultures I
- HUM 112: World Cultures II
- MAT 300: Statistics
- PHI 210: Critical Thinking
- PSY 100: Psychology of Adjustment OR
- PSY 105: Introduction to Psychology
- REL 212: World Religions
- SCI 110: Introduction to Physical Science OR
- SCI 115: Introduction to Biology
- SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology
- ECO 405: Economic Problems and Issues OR
- POL 300: Contemporary International Problems OR
- SOC 300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Area IV - Elective Component (45 credits)
Students may choose electives from areas that include Sociology, Philosophy, Foreign Language, English, Economics, Political Science, Humanities, History, Religion, Mathematics, Psychology, and Science.
Concentration in Web Development
- CIS 276: SQL Programming OR
- CIS 475: Database Management Systems
- CIS 307: Web Page Development I
- CIS 309: Web Page Development II
- CIS 340: Web Design
- CIS 440: Advanced Web Design
- CIS 493: Creating Web Databases
- CIS 499: Senior Seminar: Information Systems
Furthering Your Education:
For more in-depth educational training in systems analysis and information system development, students can earn an advanced degree. Following are relevant programs that graduates of this Strayer University program might choose next:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Systems with a concentration in:
- Business Web Analysis and Development
Successful students might be able to work in areas such as database management, networking, information and network security and, of course, Internet and web development. Specifically, they might choose to apply for positions that include:
- Information systems administrator
- Network engineer
- Web administrator
- Database manager
- Technical support specialist
- Technology manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!