BS - Network Technology: Microsoft
Students of Capella University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a minor in Network Technology: Microsoft program have the opportunity to learn design and administration strategies for Microsoft networks. Get more information about this online bachelor's program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a minor in Network Technology: Microsoft
School Offering Program:
Knowledge of basic computer technologies and the possession of strong analytical, administrative, and collaborative skills are helpful for those seeking to enter this BS in in Information Technology degree program. All applicants to Capella University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a minor in Network Technology: Microsoft program at Capella University is designed to address the tools, technologies, and strategies used in the administration and configuration of Microsoft networks. Students could expect to learn more about the planning, installation, and security of Microsoft networks; remote access; IP addressing; server design and implementation; and network applications. Courses also cover basic and advanced concepts of the Linux operating system and RFID technology fundamentals. Core coursework covers introductory topics in programming, software design, operating systems, information security, and web development, and a capstone requires students to draw on information studied throughout the program to complete a comprehensive IT project.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a minor in Network Technology: Microsoft:
In this BS in IT program, students will be required to complete 45 general education credits, 54 core credits, and 24 minor credits. In addition, they must take 51 credits in electives and complete a 6-credit capstone. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Courses (45 credits)
- Students select a minimum of six quarter credits from each of the following categories:
- Natural Science and Mathematics
- Social Science
Core Courses (54 credits)
- Students choose one of the following courses:
- Information Technology Concepts and Practices
- Communication Strategies for the Information Technology Professional
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Introduction to Programming with Java
- Introduction to Network Technology
- Ethics for the Information Technology Professional
- Introduction to Web Development
- Business Goals for the Information Technology Professional
- User Experience and Interaction Design
- Hardware and Operating Systems
- Systems Administration
- Software Architecture
- Intermediate Java Programming
- Network Architecture
- Information Security Concepts for the Information Technology Professional
- Principles of Project Management
Network Technology: Microsoft Minor Courses (24 credits)
- Network Infrastructures Administration
- Advanced Network Infrastructures Administration
- Enterprise Administration
- Enterprise Server Infrastructure 1
- Enterprise Server Infrastructure 2
- Linux Operating Systems
- Advanced Linux Operating Systems
- RFID Technologies
Elective Courses (51 credits)
- Students choose 51 credits of undergraduate elective courses
Capstone Course (6 credits)
- Information Technology Capstone Project
Furthering Your Education:
Having earned the Bachelor of Science in IT with a minor in Network Technology: Microsoft, graduates who wish to expand their skills in and understanding of further networking technologies might enter a master's degree program. Those who desire to fill senior management or executive-level positions in IT settings might be required to hold a graduate degree.
Master's degrees graduates might be prepared to pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Computer Science - Computer Networks
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
Once they have graduated from Capella University's BS in Information Technology program with a minor in Network Technology: Microsoft, students could possess the skills needed to plan, design, implement, and maintain Microsoft networks for nearly any type of business or government agency. They might be responsible for installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting network operating systems.
Professional roles that graduates might be prepared for include:
- LAN administrator
- Network architect
- Security system manager
- Network and computer system analyst
- Network administrator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!