EdD - Curriculum and Instruction
Capella University's EdD - Curriculum and Instruction is designed for education professionals who are interested in learning advanced theories and strategies in curriculum design and instructional management for possible career advancement. Read on to learn more about this doctoral degree program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education with a specialization in Curriculum and Instruction
School Offering Program:
Prospective students of Capella University's EdD - Curriculum and Instruction program should hold a master's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Students in Capella University's online EdD - Curriculum and Instruction program study current trends and methodologies for assessing and improving curriculum programs and instructional practices in academic environments. Concepts and theories in curriculum development, instructional management, organizational leadership, change management, collaborative processes, and program evaluation are addressed in this program. Professional and personal development strategies and research design and methods will be discussed. All students must complete a capstone course.
Total Credits Required:
64 quarter credits.
Financial Aid Available:
Students enrolled in Capella University have several opportunities to reduce their tuition costs, including employer reimbursement programs, veterans benefit programs, tuition discounts through corporate alliances, U.S. Armed Forces education benefits, and credit transfers. Federal and non-federal loans and grants are available to qualifying students. Capella-funded scholarships are also available.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an EdD - Curriculum and Instruction:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- EDD 8000: Advanced Studies in Education: Theory, Practice, and Purpose (4 quarter credits)
- EDD 8300: Leadership through Personal and Professional Development (6 quarter credits)
- EDD 8302: Becoming a Critical Consumer of Action Research (6 quarter credits)
- EDD 8304: The How-To of Becoming an Action Researcher (4 quarter credits)
- EDD 8306: Systems and Theories of Organizational Dynamics and Change (6 quarter credits)
- EDD 8340: Supervision and Evaluation of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Programs (6 quarter credits)
- EDD 8342: Collaboration for the Improvement of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (6 quarter credits)
- EDD 8344: Applying Research to the Improvement of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (6 quarter credits)
- EDD 8346: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment: Program Evaluation Capstone (6 quarter credits)
- Students must take the following course a minimum of two times to meet dissertation requirements:
- EDD 9972: Profession Product Capstone
Upon completion of Capella University's EdD - Curriculum and Instruction program, graduates could seek supervisory or directorial positions in public or private elementary, middle, or high schools. They could also consider management opportunities in training programs for corporations or government organizations.
Positions graduates may pursue include:
- Curriculum director
- Curriculum specialist
- Director of assessment
- Director of instructional technology
- Full-time, adjunct or part-time faculty
- P-12 teacher
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!