MS - Education Innovation & Technology: Instruction in the 1:1 Environment
Capella University's MS in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment program is designed to prepare students for a career working with modern classroom technology and developing new, innovative curricula. Find program requirements and potential outcomes here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment
School Offering Program:
Prospective students to the Master of Science in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment program should be interested in strengthening their technology and communication skills and pursuing a career in an education-based setting. All applicants to Capella graduate programs must have at least a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Capella University's Master of Science in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment program is designed to teach students the digital literacy skills they will need to develop curricula that utilize technology and multimedia tools. Students have the opportunity to learn how to utilize standards-based content, appropriate pedagogy, and meaningful assessment for the 21st-century classroom environment. The program's specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment allows students to focus their studies on the theories and practices that are fundamental to making student learning personal and unique. Students in the program could potentially explore the ways in which this type of differentiated instruction increases student engagement, empowerment, and ownership of the learning experience in the classroom.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the form of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the MS in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment Program:
Students are required to complete a minimum of 46 credits which come from core courses, specialization courses, and elective courses. Degree programs and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (16 credits)
- Foundations of Master's Studies in Education
- Leading Innovation and Implementing Change
- Integrating Technology into Data Assessment and Evaluation
- Teacher Dispositions and Ethics in the Digital Age
Specialization Courses (20 credits)
- Instruction in the 21st-Century Classroom
- Digital Citizenship and Technology Applications
- Integrating Technology to Enhance Learning
- Collaborative Learning Environments
- Innovation and Technology Capstone
Elective Courses (8 credits)
- Students choose one of the following or any graduate-level course:
- Understanding Competency-Based Curriculum and Instruction
- Authentic Assessments and the Data-Driven Classroom
- Adaptive Learning and Competency-Based Assessments
- Personalized Learning: Instruction and Assessment
- Adaptive Instruction and Assessment
- Using Data to Personalize Instruction
- Instructional Coaching to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Planning and Implementing Site-Based Initiatives
Post Graduate Opportunities
Furthering Your Education
Students who successfully earn their MS in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment program through Capella's online program may have gained the foundational knowledge of pedagogy and instruction to continue their academic studies. Students may consider an advanced degree program such as:
- Ph.D. in Education
- Ed.D. in Education
- Doctor of Education in Leadership for Organizations
Capella University's MS in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Instruction in the 1:1 Environment program is designed to prepare students to begin or advance their careers in an education-related setting. Graduates from the program may consider pursuing roles like these:
- Classroom teacher
- Building technology coach
- Instructional technology specialist
- Online K-12 educational institution staff
- Professional associated with EdTech companies
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!