MS - Education Innovation & Technology: Personalized Learning
Capella University's MS in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Personalized Learning is designed for education professionals who are interested in learning best practices for personalizing content for K-12 students and teaching them how to use higher levels of thinking. Read on to learn more about this master's degree program.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Education Innovation & Technology with a specialization in Personalized Learning
School Offering Program:
It would be helpful, but not required, for students interested in Capella University's Master of Science in Education Innovation & Technology with a specialization in Personalized Learning to have experience in the education field, especially in the areas of individual learning. Having an understanding of how technology works and the how it can be used in a classroom would also be beneficial. Applicants to Capella University graduate programs should have a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Integrating technology and field-based research into individual student learning plans are the main focuses of Capella University's Master of Science in Education Innovation and Technology with a specialization in Personalized Learning program. In specialization courses, students have the opportunity to learn about topics like collaborative learning environments, adapting instructions and assessments to improve personalized learning, using data to tailor instruction and the ability to use technology through all areas of learning. Several courses use research-based models as well as technology to dig deeper into the content. Coursework might touch on topics like data assessment, educational program evaluation, and classroom ethics in a digital age.
46 quarter credits.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the MS in Education Innovation & Technology with a specialization with Personalized Learning
In order to complete this degree, a student will complete 4 core courses, 5 specialization courses and 2 elective courses. Please note that some of these courses have pre-requisites. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (16 credits)
- Foundations of Master's Studies in Education
- Leading Innovation and Implementing Change
- Integrating Technology into Data Assessment and Evaluation
- Teacher Dispositions and Ethics in the Digital Age
Specialization Courses (22 credits)
- Collaborative Learning Environments
- Personalized Learning: Instruction and Assessment
- Adaptive Instruction and Assessment
- Using Data to Personalize Instruction
- Innovation and Technology Capstone
Elective Courses (8 credits)
- Choose two of the following:
- Instruction in the 21st-Century Classroom
- Digital Citizenship and Technology Applications
- Integrating Technology to Enhance Learning
- Understanding Competency-Based Curriculum and Instruction
- Authentic Assessments and the Data-Driven Classroom
- Adaptive Learning and Competency-Based Assessments
- Instructional Coaching to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Planning and Implementing Site-Based Initiatives
- Choose any graduate course.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Capella University's Master of Science in Education Innovation & Technology program may be interested in pursuing a doctoral degree or an education specialist degree. Earning any of these degrees could afford students additional career choices and the opportunity for increased responsibilities in the classroom or administrative roles in education.
Degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Doctor of Education in Performance Improvement Leadership
- Education Specialist in Personalized & Competency-Based Instruction Specialization
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Curriculum & Instruction
- Graduate Certificate in High Education Leadership & Administration
The Master of Science in Education Innovation and Technology with a focus in Personalized Learning program is designed to offer hands-on professional development infused with technology. Students have the opportunity to gain knowledge in order to elevate student learning through formal assessments, prior students' knowledge and helping K-12 students take ownership of their own learning.
Entry-level positions graduates could pursue include:
- Personalized learning specialist
- Content management specialist
- K-12 Teacher
- Education consultant
- Learning specialist/coach
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!