PhD - Behavior Analysis
Capella University offers the Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis program for learners who aspire to become consultants, teachers, and leaders in the human behavior field. Read on for this program's courses, prerequisites, and career paths.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis
School Offering Program:
Capella University's online Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis program requires prospective students to either currently hold a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification or have graduated from a program with a BCBA-approved sequence. Good planning and writing skills are key. Students must show proof of a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Applicants to Capella University's doctoral programs should have a master's degree; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Experimental analysis of behavior and research design methods are components of Capella University's online Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis program, as are behaviorism and organizational behavior management. Students of the program might also be able to examine learning theories in psychology. The program includes a residency requirement in the form of three ten-week courses. Program participants must also complete three dissertation research seminar tracks in addition to a doctoral examination.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis
There are 104 required credits to graduate from Capella University's Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis program. The curriculum includes 21 required courses. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (44 credit hours)
- Foundations of Theory and Practice for Doctoral Psychology Learners
- Research Foundations of History and Systems in Psychology
- Qualitative Design and Analysis
- Advanced Inferential Statistics
- Quantitative Research Methods in Psychology
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 1
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 2
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 3
- Students choose one of the following:
- Lifespan Development
- Learning Theories in Psychology
- Ethics and Multicultural Issues in Psychology
- Students choose one of the following:
- Multivariate Statistics: Theory and Application
- Advanced Qualitative Analysis
Specialization Courses (30 credit hours)
- Single-Subject Research Design Methods
- Experimental Analysis of Behavior
- Analysis of Verbal Behavior
- Organizational Behavior Management
- Education and Teaching in Applied Behavior Analysis
Upon completion of all required coursework:
- Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
Learners must register for the Dissertation Courseroom a minimum of four times to fulfill their specialization requirements.
- Dissertation Courseroom
Elective Courses (15 credit hours)
- Students choose three of the following:
- Human Prenatal Development
- Topics in Child and Adolescent Development
- Child Psychology
- Adolescent Psychology
- Tests and Measurements
- Exceptional Children in the Classroom
- Principles of Health Psychology
- Principles of Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Consultation Psychology
- Program Evaluation
- Principles of Sport Psychology
Subsequent to earning Capella University's Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Behavior Analysis degree, students could be able to pursue top-tier employment in the field of psychology. Graduates might consider individual and family services, nursing facilities, hospitals, and universities when beginning their search for a new job. Possible career titles are outlined below:
- Board certified behavior analyst (BCBA)
- Professor of psychology
- Behavior analyst
- Clinical director
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!