PhD - Business Management: Accounting
Capella University's online Doctor of Philosophy in Business Managements with a specialization in Accounting program is designed to teach students theories and practices of business management to help them become leaders, consultants, or teachers in their field. Learn more about Capella's online PhD program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Accounting
School Offering Program:
Students should have established skills in business management, critical thinking, and leadership and a strong understanding of accounting practices. Applicants must be 24 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates under 24 years of age who are military veterans or have completed 24 hours of college credit are exempt; some programs may have additional admission requirements.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Accounting program at Capella University is designed to teach management professionals how to evaluate accounting systems and lead effective change. This program is created to give learners the opportunity to study ethical research practices in accounting, to gain a deeper understanding of the legal accounting structure, and to learn to evaluate business methods for productiveness. Students are also given the chance to advance their communication and collaboration skills in order to implement efficient change in diverse business environments. PhD students in this program at Capella may also learn how to use emerging trends and technology along with interdisciplinary knowledge and ethical models to advance theories and practices in business management.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for Doctor of Public Administration:
Students must complete 55 credits in core courses, 16 credits in specialization courses, and 4 credits in an elective course to fulfill the requirements for the PhD in Business Management with a specialization in Accounting program at Capella. Students are asked to attend three residencies in addition to coursework. The Doctoral Comprehensive Examination is taken after completing all required coursework, and students must enroll in the Dissertation Courseroom class a total of four times. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (55 credits)
- Research Processes, Theory and Practice in Global Business
- Business Principles and Practices
- Ethics and Leadership in Global Environments
- Students choose one of the following
- Economics in Global Environments
- Accounting and finance Principles and Practice
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 1
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 2
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 3
- Students choose one of the following courses
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Strategic Management and Practice
- Business Dissertation Specialization Literature
- Foundations of Research, Scholarly Literature, and Theory in Management
- Survey of Applied Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Techniques
- Students will choose one of the following courses
- Advanced Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research Techniques 2
- Business Special Topics: Literature Review
Specialization Courses (16 credits)
- Advanced Research in Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting in the Global Era
- Forensic Accounting
Electives (4 credits)
- Students will choose from any business management courses
Dissertation (3 credits)
- Students must register for the following class a minimum of 4 times
- Dissertation Courseroom
Graduates with a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Accounting from Capella University should be able to evaluate accounting and business management systems, have solid knowledge of the legal framework of accounting, and be able to ethically implement improvements to better practices and principles in business management. Graduates may be interested in the following career paths:
- Chief financial officer
- Dean of business or accounting
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!