Capella University | PhD - Business Management: Leadership
Students who enroll in the Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership program could be able to prepare to manage business enterprises. Capella University offers the program in an online format. Read on for its requirements.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership
School Offering Program:
Applicants to the online Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership program at Capella University should have great planning and problem-solving skills. They'll need a minimum grade point average of 3.0. An application fee must also be submitted. Applicants to Capella University's doctoral programs should have a master's degree; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Capella University's online Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership program has been created to prepare students to fortify organizations using their acquired knowledge and systems thinking skills. Coursework might focus on organizational systems, financial principles, and qualitative research. The program emphasizes economics, accounting, and business practices along with leadership theory. Program participants may be able to gain an understanding of the effects that financial decisions have on organizations. Students must also complete three residencies as well as dissertation research.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership
A student of Capella University's Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership program will have to earn 90 credits. The curriculum includes core and specialization courses as well as an elective course. A doctoral dissertation and a dissertation courseroom component are included. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (51 credit hours)
- Research Processes, Theory and Practice in Global Business
- Business Principles and Practices
- Ethics and Leadership in Global Environments
- Economics in Global Environments
- Accounting and Finance Principles and Practice
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 1
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 2
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 3
- Marketing Principles and Practice
- Strategic Management and Practice
- Strategic Management and Practice
- Business Dissertation Specialization Literature
- Foundations of Research, Scholarly Literature, and Theory in Management
- Survey of Applied Research Methods
- Quantitative Research Techniques
- Advanced Qualitative Research
- Qualitative Research Techniques 2
- Business Special Topics: Literature Review
Specialization Courses (20 credit hours)
- Leadership Theory and Practice in a Global Environment
- Leadership as Personal Practice
- Leading the Organizational System
- Leading Dynamic Systems with Multi-Dimensional Thinking
Upon completion of all required coursework (15 credit hours)
- Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- Learners must register for the Dissertation Courseroom a minimum of four times to fulfill their specialization requirements
- Dissertation Courseroom
Elective Course (4 credit hours)
- Students choose any business management course
Students who complete Capella University's Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management with a specialization in Leadership program might be able to qualify for responsible positions in the business arena. Corporations, consulting firms, community colleges, and non-profit organizations might offer business management opportunities. Career seekers might pursue positions such as the following:
- Dean of a business program
- Executive manager
- Research director
- Business researcher
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!