PhD - Education: Leadership in Educational Administration
Leadership roles in education require completion of related doctoral programs. Capella University offers the online Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration. Read on for course requirements and more.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration
School Offering Program:
Aspiring school administrators who apply to the online Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration program from Capella University must be interested in balancing budgets and creating workable school policies. They'll need great organizational and communication skills along with a previous grade point average of 3.0 or greater. Applicants to Capella University's doctoral programs should have a master's degree; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Capella University's online Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration program was designed for professionals who want to handle everything from communicating with stakeholders and putting in clinical hours to effectively overseeing learning environments on a broad scale. Educational administration principles are emphasized as are qualitative design and analysis, educational law, and dissertation research. The Leadership in Educational Administration area contains two areas of concentration itself: School Leadership and District Leadership. Once this program of study has been completed, students might pursue licensure as a K-12 principal or a school superintendent.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration
A student of Capella University's Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration program will have to earn 92 credits. The program is comprised primarily of core and specialization courses. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (29 credit hours)
- Advanced Studies in Education: Theory, Practice, and Purpose
- Survey of Research Methods
- Quantitative Design and Analysis
- Qualitative Design and Analysis
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 1
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 2
- PhD Dissertation Research Seminar Track 3
Specialization Courses (16 credit hours)
- Leading Diverse Schools
- Special Education Administration
- Principles of Educational Administration
- Education and the Law
School Leadership Concentration (28 credit hours)
- Technology Integration in Schools
- Teacher Supervision and Evaluation
- The Funding of Educational Institutions
- P-12 Principalship
- Educational Administration Internship 1
- Educational Administration Internship 2
- School Improvement for P-12 School Leaders
District Leadership Concentration (28 credit hours)
- Imperatives for Educational Leaders
- The Politics of P-12 Education
- The Superintendency
- Introduction to School Business Administration
- Superintendency Internship 1
- Superintendency Internship 2
- The Governance of Educational Institutions
Elective Courses (8 credit hours)
- Imperatives for Educational Leaders
- Personnel Administration
Upon completion of all required coursework (15 credit hours)
- Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- Learners must register for the Dissertation Courseroom a minimum of four times to fulfill their specialization requirements.
- Dissertation Courseroom
New graduates of Capella University's Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Leadership in Educational Administration program could set out in pursuit of jobs in educational leadership. Career opportunities might be found in state education departments, charter schools, colleges, or private schools. Graduates might explore roles such as:
- Curriculum director
- Assistant superintendent
- District program director
- Director of student services
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!