BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment (Campus)
Students enrolling in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment program will have the chance to learn the storytelling and captivating writing skills needed to seek a writing career in the media and entertainment industries. Read more about this BFA degree here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Students considering this BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment program might have previously taken courses in English literature, writing, and communications. Students may find that possessing strong written skills and a creative mind may prove helpful. All applicants to Full Sail University should have a high school diploma or the equivalent; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Students choosing to enroll in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment have the opportunity to study screenwriting, character development, storytelling, and market research in the entertainment and media industries. Writing workshops for television, film, and comics; publishing and distribution processes; and game story development are all course topics included in this 20-month on-campus program. The program curriculum includes courses in project and portfolio management; multimedia design, creation, and delivery; and job searches.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Full Sail University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment:
Full Sail University's BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment requires 120 total credits for completion. Elements of writing, story creation, and literary genres are all part of this program. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Creative Writing for Entertainment Major Courses (120 credits)
- Creative Presentation
- Psychology of Play
- Visual Arts in the Entertainment and Media Industries
- English Composition I
- Creative Skills Development
- English Composition II
- Visual Thinking and Writing
- Literary Techniques and Story Development
- Scriptwriting Techniques
- Project and Portfolio I: Storytelling
- Career Module I: Personal Branding
- College Mathematics
- Developing New Worlds: Environment and Historical Research
- Project and Portfolio II: Storytelling
- Career Module II: Career Research
- Publishing and Distribution
- Historical Archetypes and Mythology
- Project and Portfolio III: Creative Writing for Entertainment
- Career Module III: Resume Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Physical Science
- Writing Workshop I: Film
- Television Writing
- Children's Entertainment
- Library Genre I: Comedy and Tragedy
- Writing Workshop II: Television
- Project and Portfolio IV: Creative Writing for Entertainment
- Career Module IV: Career Strategy and Planning
- Library Genre II: Horror, Mystery, and Suspense
- Library Genre III: Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Project and Portfolio V: Creative Writing for Entertainment
- Career Module V: Networking
- Writing Workshop III: Comics
- Game Writing
- Project and Portfolio VI: Creative Writing for Entertainment
- Career Module VI: Resume Writing
- Writing Workshop IV: Video Games and Interactive Formats
- Transmedia Writing
- Project and Portfolio VII: Creative Writing for Entertainment
- Career Module VII: Job Interview
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering your Education:
Students graduating from the BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment program who wish to expand their writing and literary skills could find it beneficial to pursue a master's degree. A graduate degree program could prepare students for additional opportunities in writing or allow them to enter another creative field.
Master's degrees that graduates could choose to pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film Production
- Master of Science in New Media Journalism
- Master of Science in Public Relations
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment program could prepare students to start a writing career in various area of the entertainment and media industries, including game development, television and film, or online. Graduates may also be prepared to perform freelance work by writing for a blog, digital platform, or create their own captivating content online.
Entry-level positions graduates might be able to pursue include:
- Creative writer
- Content editor
- Blog writer
- Blog editor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!