BS in Sports Marketing and Media (Campus)
Students seeking a program that allows them to combine their love of sports and the opportunity to develop skills in marketing technologies and campaign development might benefit from Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media program. Get more details about this campus-based bachelor's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Applicants who wish to enter this bachelor's degree program might benefit from having taken prior coursework in business, marketing, communications, or media studies. Students with strong writing and critical-thinking skills and an interest in all types of sports might also be good candidates for this program. All applicants to Full Sail University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media program at Full Sail University is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in basic business and marketing principles while focusing on media technologies and campaign development strategies used in the sports industry. Students could expect to find courses addressing aspects of sports sponsorship, marketing and packaging strategies for sporting events, the relationship between consumers and sports organizations, and digital photography and video technologies used in sports production.
Other courses might cover basic concepts, such as market research methodologies, product distribution, consumer behavior, branding, intellectual property, and contract negotiations. Several hands-on courses provide students with the opportunity to create their own sports business initiative, brand identity, sponsorship initiative, and strategic plan that addresses a solution to a problem within a current entertainment business.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Full Sail University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media
This program requires the completion of 120 credits, including marketing and sports marketing courses, a series of career modules, and seven project/portfolio experiences. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Sports Marketing and Media Major Courses (120 credits)
- Business in the Entertainment and Media Industries
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Fundamentals of Web Design
- Project and Portfolio I: Business & Marketing
- Career Module I: Personal Branding
- Business Accounting
- Fundamentals of Public Relations
- Project and Portfolio II: Business & Marketing
- Career Module II: Career Research
- Marketing Law and Contracts
- Project and Portfolio III: Marketing
- Career Module III: Resume Fundamentals
- Sports Digital Production
- Sports Business Models
- Popular Culture in Media
- Social Media Methods
- Sports Events and Entertainment
- Project and Portfolio IV: Sports Marketing and Media
- Career Module IV: Career Strategy and Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Business Project Management
- Mobility Technology and Marketing
- Project and Portfolio V: Sports Marketing and Media
- Career Module V: Networking
- Sports Sales and Sponsorship
- Project and Portfolio VI: Sports Marketing and Media
- Career Module VI: Resume Writing
- Marketing Plans and Campaign Development
- Project and Portfolio VII: Business and Marketing
- Career Module VII: Job Interview
- Creative Presentation
- Psychology of Play
- English Composition I
- College Mathematics
- Professional Writing
- Fundamentals of Physical Science
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior
Furthering Your Education:
In some cases, advancement in the field of sports marketing or management might require one to hold a graduate degree; thus, graduates who aspire to these upper-level positions might pursue a master's degree after completing the BS in Sports Marketing and Media program. A master's degree program might delve deeper into marketing theories, management principles, and advanced media technologies.
Master's degrees graduates might consider include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Digital Marketing
- Master of Science in Integrated Marketing Communications
- Master of Science in Entertainment Business - Sports Management Elective Track
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media program at Full Sail University, graduates might pursue positions that require them to build sports marketing campaigns, oversee social media for sports companies or events, manage public relations for sports teams or figures, or promote sales of sports memorabilia or equipment. They might work for sports venues, sport management companies, marketing or PR firms, sports equipment manufacturers, or major or minor league teams.
Some positions that graduates might be eligible to fill include:
- Account coordinator
- Sports sales associate
- Sport agent/talent manager
- Sports event coordinator
- Client relations supervisor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!