BS in Applied Business Analytics
Students of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Analytics program are given the opportunity to develop strong analytical skills and a knowledge of business systems applicable to careers in business planning and decision making. Find out more about this undergraduate degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Analytics
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Prospective students of this program should have some basic knowledge of computer systems and applications and an understanding of fundamental business practices. Applicants to Grand Canyon University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Analytics program is designed to provide students with a technological education while emphasizing business systems and analytical practices. In major courses, students might learn more about data privacy and security, database design and implementation, database management systems, phases of IT project management, and data mining tools and processes. Two business analytics courses might address fundamental and advanced concepts in evaluating meaning in organizational data, including using data analysis in business decision-making and employing predictive and prescriptive analytics techniques. In the program's final course, students could apply techniques and methods studied throughout the program to develop analytics models to address specific problems.
Online and on-campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Grand Canyon University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Analytics:
The 120 credits needed to successfully complete this BS degree program include 40 credits in major courses, 34-40 credits in general education courses, and 40-46 credits in electives. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (40 credits)
- Introduction to Computer Technology
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Database Structures
- Relational Databases for Business Applications
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- IT Governance and Ethics
- IT Project Management
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Data Mining
- Current Topics in Business Analytics
Elective Courses (40-46 credits)
- Open electives
General Education (34-40 credits)
- University Foundations courses including one or more of the following:
- Success in Science, Engineering and Technology & Lab
- University Success 103
- University Success 303
- University Success in the College of Education
- Effective Communication courses including one or more of the following:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Christian Worldview courses including one or more of the following:
- Christian Worldview 101
- Christian Worldview 301
- Critical Thinking courses including one of more of the following:
- Applications of College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental Science
- Global Awareness, Perspective, and Ethics courses including one or more of the following:
- U.S. History Themes
- General Psychology
- Everyday Sociology
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's BS in Applied Business Analytics could expand their knowledge and advance their managerial skills by entering a master's degree program. A graduate degree could be necessary to pursue upper management or executive positions in many types of businesses.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Data Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration - Business Analytics
After completing the Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Analytics program, students might be able to apply decision-making skills and knowledge of business analysis techniques in small or large corporations. They might pursue managerial positions in areas of project management, database development, information technology systems, or data mining. Their responsibilities might include helping businesses make sound decisions based on the collections and evaluation of present data.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Data analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Business analytics manager
- Business intelligence manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!