BS in Applied Business Information Systems
Those interested in the possibility of developing a deeper understanding of business practices and technologies might consider Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Information Systems program. Read on for more details about the requirements of this undergraduate degree program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Information Systems
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Students aspiring to enter this BS program should have an academic background in business, with a fundamental knowledge of concepts in such areas as accounting, marketing, and management. Applicants to Grand Canyon University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
From database structures to network technologies, the Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Information Systems program at Grand Canyon University is designed to help students strengthen their knowledge of business information systems while building strong analytical and problem-solving skills. The topics discussed in major courses might include local and enterprise network configurations, computer architecture and infrastructures, design and implementation of database structures, information systems development, and processes of integrating software applications and various types of systems. Other courses might address the leading of IT projects, IT governance, business application programming languages, and using technological solutions to reach organizational goals. Courses in operations management and business statistics could also be offered.
Online and on-campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Grand Canyon University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Information Systems:
Students must earn 120 credits to successfully complete the BS in Applied Business Information Systems program. This break down to 52 credits in the core curriculum, 34-40 credits in general education requirements, and 28-34 credits in open electives. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (52 credits)
- Introduction to Computer Science and Information Technology
- Platforms and Network Technologies
- Business Statistics
- IT Project Management
- System Administration and Maintenance
- Introduction to Database Structures
- Relational Databases for Business Applications
- Information Systems Design and Development
- Object-Oriented Programming for Business
- IT Governance and Ethics
- Enterprise Systems Integration
- Strategic Information Systems Management
- Production/Operations Management
Elective Courses (28-34 credits)
- Open electives
General Education (34-40 credits)
- University Foundations, including one or more of the following:
- Success in Science
- University Success 103
- University Success 303
- University Success in the College of Education
- Effective Communication, including one or more of the following:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Christian Worldview, including both of the following:
- Christian Worldview 101
- Christian Worldview 301
- Critical Thinking, including one of more of the following:
- Intermediate Algebra (or higher)
- Applications of College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental Science
- Global Awareness, Perspective, and Ethics, including one or more of the following:
- U.S. History Themes
- General Psychology
- Everyday Sociology
Furthering Your Education:
While Grand Canyon University's BS in Applied Business Information Systems is designed to help students build a fundamental understanding of corporate information systems management and development, an advanced degree could expand on the technical and managerial skills needed to assume greater responsibilities in this field. Graduates might consider a master's degree if they wish to pursue senior management or executive positions in IT departments or in business operations.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Business Information Systems
- Master of Science in Business Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration - Information Technology
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Business Information Systems program might have developed the analytical and technical skills needed to pursue managerial positions in nearly any type of business. They might seek positions that allow them to oversee areas of database design, networking, project management, business systems implementation, or systems integration.
Positions graduates may be able to pursue include:
- Systems analyst
- Network administrator
- Computer systems administrator
- Business analyst
- Database administrator