BS in Behavioral Health Science
Students who are interested in building careers in behavioral health science might consider degree programs such as Grand Canyon University's online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science. Read on for details about it.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Prospective students of Grand Canyon University's online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science program should have excellent math, reading, writing and critical-thinking abilities. They will also need the ability to empathize with their clientele. Applicants to Grand Canyon University should have a high school diploma; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Grand Canyon University's online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science program is intended to educate students who want to help to improve the quality of life of people who may be suffering from disorders or traumas. Students could be able to discover how to treat substance abuse disorders while also learning about counseling theories and group dynamics. The physiological factors that affect mental health could also be covered. The capstone course requires the submission of a proposal for a community behavioral health science organization. The proposal should effectively incorporate the degree program's content and reflect students' focus areas.
Online and on-campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Grand Canyon University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
To complete Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science program, students must amass 120 credits. There are 34 - 40 general education credits, 48 major credits and 32 - 40 elective credits. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Requirements (34 - 40 credits)
- University Foundations including one or more of the following:
- Success in Science, Engineering and Technology & Lab
- University Success 103
- University Success 303
- University Success in the College of Education
- Effective Communication including one or more of the following:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Christian Worldview including one or more of the following:
- Christian Worldview 101
- Christian Worldview 301
- Critical Thinking including one or more of the following:
- Applications of College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental Science
- Global Awareness, Perspective and Ethics including one or more of the following:
- U.S. History Themes
- General Psychology
- Everyday Sociology
Major Requirements (48 credits)
- Foundations of Addiction and Substance Use Disorders
- Introduction to Counseling Theories
- Group Dynamics and Process
- Ethics of Behavioral Health Science
- Cultural and Social Diversity in Behavioral Health
- Human Development
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Abnormal Psychology
- Report Writing, Research and Information Literacy in Behavioral Health
- Introduction to Family Dynamics
- Understanding Trauma
- Professional Capstone Project
Open Elective Requirements (32 - 40 credits)
- Open Elective Courses
Furthering Your Education:
Grand Canyon University also offers a number of advanced degree programs that could be a natural progression from the Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science program. Graduates who are aspiring policy makers and researchers could also look outside of the university for related programs that aim to examine research methods in behavioral science as well as psychopharmacology and treatment plan development. Students could be able to consider programs such as:
- Master of Science in Mental Health and Wellness
- Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Public Health in Behavioral and Community Health Sciences
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science degree program could have the level of knowledge of behavioral health science concepts and record-keeping practices necessary to pursue a career in the field. Career opportunities might be sought in government entities as well as in public or private organizations. Following are a few possible positions for graduates of the degree program:
- Social or community service manager
- Case manager
- Behavioral health technician
- Mental health service technician
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!