BS in Behavioral Health Science - Family Dynamics
Students who want to prepare to help families in a variety of capacities could apply to programs such as Grand Canyon University's online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics. Read on for more details.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Prospective participants of the online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics program from Grand Canyon University must be motivated to serve others. They should have empathy for others and possess qualities such as compassion and patience. Applicants to Grand Canyon University should have a high school diploma; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Enrolling in the online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics from Grand Canyon University will not prepare students for licensure as counseling professionals, but it is designed to focus on issues in behavioral health with respect to the family unit. Students might be able to participate in courses such as family dynamics, couples and family systems, counseling theories and abnormal psychology. Toward the end of the program, students can begin working on the capstone course. The required project proposal should incorporate major aspects of the program overall.
Online and on campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Grand Canyon University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics
In order to obtain Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics program, students must earn 120 credits: 34 - 40 general education credits, 56 major credits and 24 - 30 elective credits. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Requirements (34 - 40 credits)
- University Foundations including one or more of the following:
- Success in Science, Engineering and Technology & Lab
- University Success 103
- University Success 303
- University Success in the College of Education
- Effective Communication including one or more of the following:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Christian Worldview including one or more of the following:
- Christian Worldview 101
- Christian Worldview 301
- Critical Thinking including one or more of the following:
- Applications of College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental Science
- Global Awareness, Perspective and Ethics including one or more of the following:
- U.S. History Themes
- General Psychology
- Everyday Sociology
Major Requirements (56 credits)
- Foundations of Addiction and Substance Use Disorders
- Introduction to Counseling Theories
- Group Dynamics and Process
- Ethics of Behavioral Health Science
- Cultural and Social Diversity in Behavioral Health
- Human Development
- Abnormal Psychology
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Report Writing, Research, and Information Literacy in Behavioral Health
- Introduction to Family Dynamics
- Understanding Trauma
- Introduction to Couples and Family Systems
- Marriage and Family Ethical and Legal Issues
- Professional Capstone Project
Elective Requirements (24 - 30 credits)
- Open Elective Courses
Furthering Your Education:
Master's degree programs could help to prepare graduates of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics program to conduct research in clinical, community or university settings. These advanced programs might focus on public health law, health promotion, applied research methods and behavioral health. Here are examples of potential degree programs:
- Master of Science in Public Health and Behavioral Health
- Master of Science in Applied Health Behavior Research
- Master of Public Health with a concentration in Social and Behavioral Health Sciences
Those who complete the online Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science with an emphasis in Family Dynamics program from Grand Canyon University might be able to apply for employment in the areas of human services, law enforcement, counseling, government or health services management. Through experience gained from their coursework in psychology, trauma, and family systems, students could be prepared for working in a broad range of careers, including:
- Case manager
- Behavioral health technician
- Social or community service manager
- Mental health services technician