BS in Business Analytics
Students of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics program have the opportunity to receive a diverse business education with a focus on core business analytics topics. Read further to get more details about the requirements and possible outcomes of this undergraduate degree program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Prior business classes and knowledge of basic computer applications and functions could be beneficial for prospective students of this program. Applicants to Grand Canyon University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics program at Grand Canyon University is designed to address aspects of business data and information technology systems while delivering an overview of a variety of business practices and areas. Students might study details about the design and implementation of databases, database management systems, business analytics tools, data mining techniques, organizational data evaluation, and current models and techniques in business analytics. The core courses might examine methods used in areas of accounting, marketing, finance, and operations. Additional courses place an emphasis on leadership, decision making, change management, and business planning.
Online and on-campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Grand Canyon University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics:
The credits needed to earn this BS in Business Analytics degree includes 68 credits in major courses, 34-40 credits in general education courses, and 12-18 credits in open electives. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (68 credits)
- Introduction to Computer Technology and Analytics
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Statistics
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- IT Project Management
- Introduction to Database Structures
- Essentials of Economics
- Fundamentals of Business Finance
- Relational Databases for Business Applications
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Data Mining
- IT Governance and Ethics
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Strategic Management
- Production/Operations Management
- Current Topics in Business Analytics
Elective Courses (12-18 credits)
- Open electives
General Education (34-40 credits)
- University Foundations, including one or more of the following:
- Success in Science
- University Success 103
- University Success 303
- University Success in the College of Education
- Effective Communication, including one or more of the following:
- 21st Century Skills: Communication and Information Literacy
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Christian Worldview, including both of the following::
- Christian Worldview 101
- Christian Worldview 301
- Critical Thinking, including one of more of the following:
- Intermediate Algebra (or higher)
- Applications of College Algebra
- College Mathematics
- 21st Century Skills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Environmental Science
- Global Awareness, Perspective, and Ethics, including one or more of the following:
- U.S. History Themes
- General Psychology
- Everyday Sociology
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates who wish to further develop their analytical skills and knowledge of business systems might choose to pursue a master's degree after earning the BS in Business Analytics from Grand Canyon University. A graduate degree might be necessary for those who intend to seek upper management or executive positions in the business field.
Master's degree options for graduates could include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Cybersecurity
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics program, GCU graduates might possess the skills needed for mid-management positions in small or large corporations. They might seek employment in operations, IT, project management, or production. Their responsibilities might include systems management, database management, or production supervision.
Positions graduates may be able to pursue include:
- Operations research analyst
- Data analyst
- Business analytics manager
- Business intelligence manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!