BS in Information Technology - Application and Database Development
Liberty University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Application and Database Development program could help students learn fundamental and advanced technologies in database and application design. Get more details about this online bachelor's program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Application and Database Development
School Offering Program:
It could be helpful for prospective students to have taken prior courses in computer science, information technology, or information systems. Strong computer, analytical, and creative skills are also important. All applicants to Liberty University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
Introductory and advanced topics in Oracle database development and the C# programming language for database and application development are among the main topics addressed in the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Application and Database Development program at Liberty University. Students could expect to review the use of C# programming in the development of standalone applications; data manipulation in Oracle; databases for business intelligence applications; and database administration practices. An optional internship in a professional setting is offered. Core classes provide study in object-oriented programming features; database management systems; the integration of systems and applications in the configuring, maintenance, and security of various computer systems; networking and data communication systems; enterprise architecture and systems analysis; and components of human-computer interactions, including mobile and internet applications and cloud computing.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Liberty University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Application and Database Development:
Once enrolled in this BS program, students must complete 48 credits in major IT courses, nine credits in cognate courses, 9-18 credits in free electives, and 39-42 credits in general education coursework. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Liberty University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Requirements (39-42 credits)
- Composition and Rhetoric
- Communications Elective
- Information Literacy Elective
- Information Literacy Elective
- Instructional Technology for Successful Online Learning
- Math Elective (MATH 114 or higher)
- Christian Life and Biblical Worldview
- Critical Thinking Elective
- Cultural Studies Elective
- Natural Science Elective
- Social Science Elective
- Survey of Old and New Testament
- Introduction to Theology Survey
Major Foundational Courses (9 credits)
- Intermediate Business Computer Applications
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Organizational Behavior I
Major Core Courses (48 credits)
- Business Common Professional Components
- Introduction to Information Sciences and Systems
- Introduction to Computing Sciences
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Web Architecture and Development
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming
- IS Hardware and Software
- Database Management Systems
- Business Data Communication Systems
- Studies in Information Security
- System Administration
- Integrative Programming and Technologies
- Introduction to Human-Computer Interaction
- Enterprise Systems and Integration
- Information Technology Capstone
- Principles of Macroeconomics
Cognate Courses (9 credits)
- C# Programming
- Introduction to Oracle
- Advanced Oracle
- Students choose one of the following:
- Web Enterprise Technologies
Electives Courses (9-18 credits)
- Students choose 3-6 free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Those who wish to pursue entry-level or perhaps mid-management careers in IT might do so after earning the Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology - Application and Database Development; however, a master's degree might be required for more advanced positions. A graduate degree program could offer further studies in such areas as systems analysis, emerging technologies, and IT operations management. Master's degrees graduates could pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Software Design & Management
Graduates of the BS in Information Technology with a specialization in Application and Database Development program might be prepared to assume responsibilities in corporate IT departments, government offices, or technology consulting firms. They might oversee the design, implementation, and upgrading of databases, computer applications, software, or data communication systems.
Some possible career titles for graduates include:
- Database analyst
- Software programmer
- Application designer
- Database administrator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!