EdD in Learning Analytics in Higher Education
Northcentral University's Doctor of Education in Learning Analytics in Higher Education program allows students to explore the role of data analytics in education. Learn more about this online EdD program and its coursework here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Learning Analytics in Higher Education
School Offering Program:
Prospective students considering NCU's Doctor of Education in Learning Analytics in Higher Education program should have an interest in data analysis and the desire to use that data to improve learning environments. Applicants to Northcentral University's online EdD programs should already possess a post-baccalaureate master's degree and/or doctoral degree from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution.
Northcentral University's Doctor of Education in Learning Analytics in Higher Education program immerses students in the field of educational data analysis. Students will have the opportunity to study the history of data analytics and explore the key theories, best practices, and current trends in learner analytics. Courses introduce students to the types of educational data and data systems available and show them how to mine useful information from them. Additional courses cover the implications for learning analytics in higher education administration and how learning analytics can be used to improve curriculum, administration, and institutional accountability. In addition, students will complete a capstone course where they design a higher education analytics project. All EdD students must also complete an original dissertation as part of their program.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 54 credits
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Learning Analytics in Higher Education:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program
Doctor of Education Foundation Courses (24 credits)
- EDU 8000: Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- EDU 8001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- EDR 8200: Scholarly Literature Review
- EDR 8203: Research Methods
- EDR 8201: Statistics I
- EDR 8204: Advanced Qualitative Design and Measurement
- EDR 8205: Advanced Quantitative Design and Measurement
- One additional Specialization or Elective Course
Learning Analytics in Higher Education Specialization Courses (15 credits)
Choose five courses from the following:
- LAHE 7000: Introduction to Learning and Knowledge Analytics
- LAHE 7001: Using Educational Data
- LAHE 7002: A Macro Level Approach to Learning Analytics in Higher Education
- LAHE 7003: Applying Learning Analytics in Higher Education
- LAHE 7004: Learning Analytic Tools
- LAHE 7005: Implementing a Higher Education Learning Analytics Project
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9700E: Doctoral Comprehensive Assessment: Pre-Candidacy Prospectus
Dissertation Requirements (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
NCU's EdD in Learning Analytics in Higher Education program can prepare graduates for a number of research and professional careers where they analyze data related to higher education. Positions could be found with colleges and universities or with education technology companies; educational think tanks; or city, state, and federal departments of education. Some possible positions graduates could consider include:
- Director of Learning Analytics
- Chief Academic Officer
- Institutional Research Director
- Learning Analytics Specialist
- Institutional Research Analyst
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!