MSTIM in Computer Science
Individuals who want to develop an in-depth understanding of how computers function while preparing for leadership positions within the technology field may want to consider Northcentral University's Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management program with a specialization in Computer Science. Learn more about this online master's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management with a specialization in Computer Science
School Offering Program:
Applicants to this MS-TIM program may already have some computer and technology skills and are interested in developing their leadership and creative-thinking skills. All applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management program with a specialization in Computer Science offered by Northcentral University is designed to provide students with an understanding of how computers work and communicate while also preparing them to become leaders and innovators in a technology environment. Specialization courses expose students to algorithms and programming languages, distributed computing systems, computer network security, data mining, and software development and engineering. In addition, the foundational courses allow students to study managing change and technology innovations, risk management, privacy concerns in IT, and the growth of computer networks and mobile devices.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loans or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management with a specialization in Computer Science:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (15 credits)
- TIM 5001: Changing Times: Managing Technology & Innovation in the 21st Century
- TIM 5010: Computer Networks & Mobile Computing
- TIM 5020: Databases & Business Intelligence
- TIM 5030: Managing Risk, Security, & Privacy in Information Systems
- TIM 6010: Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation
Computer Science Specialization Courses (15 credits)
- Students choose one of the following 2 courses:
- TIM 6101: Principles of Computer Science
- TIM 6110: Programming Languages & Algorithms
- TIM 6120: Distributed Systems
- TIM 6130: Data Mining
- TIM 6301: Principles of Cybersecurity
- TIM 6140: Software Engineering
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the MSTIM - Computer Science program could be ready to seek management positions in the field, but those who wish to prepare for executive-level leadership positions or enter academic or research careers may want to continue their education. These graduates could pursue degrees such as:
- Ph.D. in Technology and Innovation Management - Computer Science
- Ph.D. in Technology and Innovation Management - IT Project Management
- Ph.D. in Computer Science
- Doctor of Business Administration - Applied Computer Science
- Doctor of Business Administration - Management Information Systems
NCU's Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management program with a specialization in Computer Science program could prepare students for a wide variety of technology leadership roles. They could seek positions where they are responsible for integrating computer technologies or implementing change. Some of the potential career opportunities include:
- Chief Technology Officer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Director of Information Technology
- Technology Manager
- Computer Technology Consultant