PhD-TIM in Data Science
The Doctor of Philosophy in Technology and Innovation Management (PhD-TIM) in Data Science program offered through Northcentral University offers students the chance to become technology leaders and innovative researchers in the field of data science. Read on to learn more information about this online doctoral degree program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Technology and Innovation Management with a specialization in Data Science
School Offering Program:
Potential students of Northcentral University's PhD-TIM program with a specialization in Data Science should have an interest in data analytics and statistics as well as some computer skills. All applicants to NCU's Doctor of Philosophy in Technology and Innovation Management programs must have a master's or doctoral degree from an accredited university.
Northcentral University's PhD in Technology and Innovation Management program with a Data Science specialization is designed to help students gain advanced skills in collecting, managing, and analyzing information and Big Data sets. Specialization courses cover topics such as Big Data research trends, data visualization requirements, predictive analysis, quantitative research methods, and extracting information from structured and unstructured data. The core TIM courses allow students to explore topics in technical management, leadership strategies, and emerging technologies. PhD students must write and defend an original dissertation before completing this program.
This program may be completed in 60 credits. However, additional credit hours can be taken, if needed, to complete dissertation research.
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for the Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a PhD in Technology and Innovation Management with a specialization in Data Science:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Please contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Requirements (30 credits)
- TIM 7001: Changing Times: Leading Technology & Innovation in the 21st Century
- TIM 7200: Scholarly Communication for Technology Leaders
- TIM 7010: Computer Networks & Mobile Computing
- TIM 7020: Databases & Business Intelligence
- TIM 7030: Managing Risk, Security, & Privacy in Information Systems
- TIM 7100: Statistics with Technology Applications
- TIM 7040: Technology Policy & Strategy
- TIM 7210: Introduction to Research Design & Methodology for Technology Leaders
- Students choose one of the following three pairs of courses:
- TIM 7220: Quantitative Research Design & Methodology for Technology Leaders & TIM 7225: Directed Quantitative Research
- TIM 7230: Qualitative Research Design & Methodology for Technology Leaders & TIM 7235: Directed Qualitative Research
- TIM 7240: Constructive Research Design & Methodology for Technology Leaders & TIM 7245: Directed Constructive Research
- CMP 9700T: PhD-TIM Portfolio
Data Science Specialization Courses (18 credits)
- TIM 8130: Data Mining
- TIM 8440: Knowledge Management
- TIM 8501: Quantitative Methods for Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
- TIM 8510: Data Visualization
- TIM 8520: Inferential Statistics and Predictive Analytics
- TIM 8530: Big Data Integration
Doctoral Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Individuals who successfully complete NCU's PhD in Technology and Innovation Management program with a specialization in Data Science could have the skills and knowledge needed for a variety of research or leadership positions in the emerging field of data science. Some of the positions they could consider include:
- Data Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Data Scientist
- Data Science Researcher