Career Diploma - Home Remodeling and Repair
Penn Foster's Career Diploma - Home Remodeling and Repair program is designed to teach students renovation and construction skills so they can aid in the preparation, execution, and inspection of residential projects. Read more about the Career Diploma - Home Remodeling and Repair from Penn Foster here.
Official Program Name:
Home Remodeling and Repair Career Diploma
School Offering Program:
Penn Foster Career School
Penn Foster Career School's Home Remodeling and Repair Career Diploma program is designed to prepare students to enter the home remodeling or construction industry in an entry-level position. During the program, students can learn about codes and other regulations used in inspections and the steps involved in creating blueprints to meet client needs. Students also have the opportunity to learn design skills and special considerations for remodeling an older home, specifically bathrooms, kitchens, or any other areas where plumbing and heating systems are involved. The program is also designed to train students to work safely when preparing foundations, inspecting structures, and installing various fixtures throughout a home.
Program Materials Supplied by Penn Foster Career School
Penn Foster supplies students with study materials and tools to track progress toward goals. An online library, career guidance, access to student services via e-mail, phone, and message board, and an online community are also offered.
Penn Foster offers low tuition with 0% interest and affordable monthly payments, so students graduate without debt.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Home Remodeling and Repair Career Diploma:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Penn Foster Career School to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Home Remodeling and Repair Courses
- Introduction to Home Remodeling
- Home Renovation
- Building Materials and Fasteners
- Tools and Scaffolds
- Understanding Construction Drawings
- Site Preparation, Building Layout, and Foundations
- Floor, Wall, and Stair Framing
- Roof Framing
- Cornices and Roofing
- Windows, Door, and Siding
- Insulation and Drywall Installation
- Interior Finish
- Plumbing and Heating
- Kitchen Design: Cabinets, Appliances, and Fixtures
- Bathroom Cabinets, Fixtures, and Design
- Drawing Plans, Estimates, and Contracts
- Practical Exercise: Project Designing and Preparation
- Project: Remodeling a Basement
- Project: Remodeling a Bathroom
- Project: Remodeling a Kitchen
- Practical Exercise: Remodeling Skills
- Project: Building an Addition with a Kitchen, Parts 1-4
- Practical Exercise: Designing and Building a Two-Story Addition
- Project: Building an Addition with a Kitchen, Parts 5-7
- The Business of Home Remodeling
- Practical Exercise: Installing Ceramic Tile
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Penn Foster's Career Diploma - Home Remodeling and Repair program may have gained the skills to secure entry-level positions in the home construction or remodeling industry. Some students may determine that pursuit of an associate's degree could make them more marketable by providing training in a specialization area.
Associate's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Associate's degree in construction technology
- Associate's degree in kitchen and bath design
- Associate's degree in residential construction
After completion of the Career Diploma - Home Remodeling and Repair program, students may be prepared to enter the construction industry in an entry-level position. The program is designed to teach students how to prepare for, conduct, and inspect a home remodel or repair job.
Entry-level positions graduates could pursue are:
- Home remodeler
- Construction laborer
- Construction helper
Get your customized answers
Call 1-877-823-3442 to speak with a counselor or Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!