BS in Business Analytics
The Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics program at Regent University is designed to prepare students to pursue careers related to managing and organizing corporate data. Find out more about this online and on-campus BS program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics
School Offering Program:
Familiarity with basic computer systems and functions and strong analytical and critical thinking skills are important for incoming students of this BS program. Previous coursework in computer science is helpful. All applicants to Regent University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
What tools are important when supplying data solutions? Which data mining techniques are most commonly used? How is big data extracted and merged? These are a few of the likely topics explored in Regent University's Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics program. Required courses might also discuss text mining, predictive modeling, big data concepts, and technological evaluation and implementation methods. Students can apply their decision-making and technical skills to the completion of a case-based project in the program's capstone course. Other information systems courses might address programming basics, networks, databases and database applications, systems analysis techniques, and data modeling.
Online and on-campus
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Regent University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics:
Of the 120 credits required to complete this program, 12 credits are from required business analytics courses and 15 credit are information systems coursework. The curriculum also consists of 49 credits in general education courses, 18 credits in business courses, a 3-credit math course, and 23 credits in general electives. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Regent University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Courses (49 credits)
- The Making of the Christian Mind
- The Making of a Christian Leader
- Introduction to Bible
- Christian Doctrine
- Introduction to Christian History & Thought
- Public Speaking
- Regent Foundations of Success
- English Composition
- Research and Academic Writing
- The True, the Good & the Beautiful
- Literature of the Western World
- Art and Culture
- Calculus I
- Choose one of the following natural sciences courses:
- Introduction to Biology with Laboratory
- General Biology I
- Origins of the Cosmos
- Choose one of the following U.S. history courses:
- U.S. History I (to 1877)
- U.S. History II (from 1877)
- Choose one of the following global studies courses:
- World Geography
- Western Civilization I
- Western Civilization II
- World History I
- World History II
- Introduction to Spanish I
- Introduction to Spanish II
- Intermediate Spanish I
- Intermediate Spanish II
Required Business Courses (18 credits)
- Accounting Principles
- Business Leadership and Communication
- Financial Management
- Business Statistics
- Business Law
- Business Driven Technology
Business Analytics Courses (12 credits)
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Fundamentals of Data Mining/Warehousing
- Introduction to Big Data
- Business Analytics Capstone
Information Systems Courses (15 credits)
- Introduction to Information Systems
- Introduction to Programming
- Database Fundamentals
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Project Management & Practice
Required Mathematics Course (3 credits)
- Discrete Math
Electives (23 credits)
- Students choose 23 credits of general elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
The BS in Business Analytics program at Regent University is mainly designed to address introductory concepts in this area; graduates who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in corporate information systems and data management might consider continuing on in a master's degree program. A graduate degree could be required for advancement to senior management or executive positions in corporate IT departments. Relevant master's degree programs might include:
- Master of Science in Business Analytics
- Master of Information Systems Management
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology Management
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics program might have developed the leadership skills and knowledge of data systems to enable them to pursue roles in the storage, maintenance, and updating of important data. They might seek positions where they oversee areas of data manipulation, software design, database management, or data recovery.
Jobs for which graduates might qualify include:
- Data mining specialist
- Data analytics specialist
- Analytics consultant
- Data visualization analyst
- Business analytics manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!