MA in Church Leadership
Students of Regent University's Master of Arts in Church Leadership program have the opportunity to gain the leadership skills required to become a motivating force in today's spiritual communities. Read on for more information.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Church Leadership
School Offering Program:
Potential applicants considering the MA in Church Leadership program at Regent University might have strong interpersonal and mentoring skills, coupled with an active interest in exploring new ways to synthesize biblical values with today's leadership development practices. Applicants to all master's degree programs at Regent University need to have at least a bachelor's degree or equivalent; additional requirements may apply to some programs.
The Master of Arts in Church Leadership degree program is geared towards students who aspire to develop strong organizational leadership and collaborative skills, with the goal of inspiring change and spiritual growth within the church and the community. Students will have the opportunity to participate in a practical core curriculum that covers leadership development, motivation and mentoring, teamwork, strategic thinking, and organizational problem solving. This degree program also gives students the chance to customize their degree path by selecting elective courses from a range of subjects relevant to church leadership, such as fundraising, administration, ministry technology, pastoral care, and Servant Leadership. This degree program concludes with a student-developed culminating project or thesis that reflects the skills and knowledge they have mastered through the coursework.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Regent University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Coursework for a Master of Arts in Church Leadership:
To successfully complete this master's degree program, students must complete 33 credit hours, with 18 credit hours in the core curriculum and another 15 credit hours for elective courses. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Regent University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Church Leadership Core Courses (18 credits)
- Foundations of Leadership: History, Theory, Application & Development
- Organization Development: Consulting, Design, Intervention & Evaluation
- Motivation, Teams, Coaching & Mentoring
- Organizational Communication, Conflict Resolution & Negotiation
- Strategic Thinking, Planning & Organizational Change
- Culminating Experience
Church Leadership Elective Courses (15 credits)
- Students choose five courses from the following:
- Managing Not-for-Profit & Faith-Based Organizations
- Not-for-Profit Faith-Based Organizations Fundraising Development
- Leadership Coaching: Transformations
- Leadership Coaching: Convergences
- Leadership Coaching: Activations
- Corporate & Personal Ethics
- Leadership in Church & Ministry
- Pastoral Care, Counseling, & Conflict
- Ministry Administration
- Technology and Media in Ministry
- Spiritual Formation Foundations
- Servant Leadership: Models & Theory
- Servant Leadership: Practice
- Servant Leadership: A Biblical Perspective
Furthering Your Education
After completing this Master of Arts in Church Leadership program, graduates could choose to pursue advanced studies in church leadership or a related area. There are a variety of suitable doctorate degrees that might afford the opportunity to solidify one's understanding of leadership and mentoring principles while opening the door for an executive or academic position in the field.
Some possible degree options include:
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Ecclesial Leadership
- Doctor of Ministry - Ministry Leadership Coaching
- Doctor of Ministry - Christian Leadership & Renewal
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Ecclesial Leadership
The coursework offered in Regent University's Master of Arts in Church Leadership could help students develop contemporary leadership development and problem-solving skills that they could apply in positions within church organizations and communities. Successful graduates might be prepared to demonstrate these skills within a guiding role that allows them to lead and motivate their team/organization, in a variety of contexts and careers, including:
- Executive pastor
- Manager of a faith-based organization
- Non-profit marketing / administration
- Leadership coaching
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!