MA in National Security Studies - Homeland Security
Regent University's Master of Arts in National Security Studies with a concentration in Homeland Security program offers students the chance to understand and learn how to respond to threats to the United States of America. Find out more about this master's degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in National Security Studies with a concentration in Homeland Security
School Offering Program:
Considering applying to the Master of Arts in National Security Studies with a concentration in Homeland Security program? Strong analytical skills, high integrity, and a desire to defend the country are all important traits for candidates. Every applicant to a graduate program at Regent University should have at least a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
In today's chaotic political climate, it's more important than ever to have people ready to defend against threats. That's the overarching goal of the Master of Arts in National Security Studies with a concentration in Homeland Security program at Regent University. The curriculum in this program is designed to help students understand how to identify potential threats, analyze their seriousness, and develop action plans to protect against attacks. Coursework covers a broad range of topics, from Christianity in government to economic policy and disaster management. Through the concentration courses, students have the opportunity to focus on security issues related to international human trafficking, cyberspace, and energy resources, among other areas.
Online and on campus
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Regent University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Master of Arts in National Security Studies with a Concentration in Homeland Security:
Regent University's Master of Arts in National Security program requires students to complete at least 36 credit hours. These credit hours are divided between core courses for National Security and Homeland Security concentration courses. Contact Regent University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Required Core Courses (18 credits)
- Research Methods
- International Relations Theory
- Grand Strategy and Military Operations
- National Security Affairs
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Students choose one of the following:
- Christian Foundations of Government
- Christian Ethics & the Law of Armed Conflict
Homeland Security Concentration Courses (18 credits)
- Students choose four courses from the following:
- International Relations and Cyber Politics
- Social, Political, and Theological Implications of Technology
- Military Cyberspace Operations, Strategy, and Tactics
- Public Information Systems Management
- Critical Infrastructure Protection & Resilience
- Maritime Security
- Energy and Environment Security
- International Trafficking in Persons
- Intelligence and National Security
- Cybersecurity Policy & Affairs
- Terrorism and Homeland Defense
- Crisis/Disaster Consequences Management
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Students choose two additional electives courses
- Optional 6 credits of thesis work
Regent University's Master of Arts in National Security Studies with a concentration in Homeland Security program is designed to prepare students to enter the workforce as security specialists. Positions could be available with government or military organizations.
These are a few examples:
- Homeland security administration
- National security analyst
- Homeland security specialist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!