MS in Criminal Justice
The Master of Science in Criminal Science program at Saint Leo University is designed to prepare students for advanced or leadership careers in law enforcement and related industries. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Criminal Justice
School Offering Program:
Saint Leo University
Students applying to the Master of Science in Criminal Justice should have a desire to pursue a leadership position in law enforcement or a related field. All candidates applying to graduate programs at Saint Leo University must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university; some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Saint Leo University's MS in Criminal Justice program provides students with the opportunity to study advance criminal justice topics and boost their fundamental knowledge of the US criminal justice system in terms of how criminal behavior and criminal code interact. The courses are also intended to introduce students to the policy, history, and legal issues on the field, as well as how to appropriately manage ethical and moral dilemmas. Additional graduate-level courses cover topics in policy making, organizational leadership, and information systems. Alongside the core courses, students have the opportunity to choose from a variety of elective courses in order to tailor the program to best meet their own academic and professional needs.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Saint Leo University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for Master of Science in Criminal Justice
The MS in Criminal Justice program at Saint Leo University is a 36-credit program. Students are required to take five core courses and choose six 6 supplementary elective courses as well. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Saint Leo University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Courses (18 credits)
- Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice Administration
- Legal Issues in Criminal Justice Administration
- Public Policy Making in Criminal Justice
- Leadership Applications in Criminal Justice
- Applied Project in Criminal Justice Administration
Elective Courses (18 credits)
Students select 6 of the following courses:
- Special Topics
- Terrorism in Israel
- Hostage Negotiations Phase I & II
- Preventing Terrorist Attacks
- Intro to Behavioral Science in Criminal Justice
- Insights into Criminal Behavior
- Criminal Sexual Behaviors
- Investigative Methodologies of Violence
- Contemporary Issues in Community Corrections
- Offender Treatment Methodology
- Corrections Issues and Trends
- Correctional Leadership
- Criminal Justice Policy Research and Evaluation
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice I
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice II
- Management of Human Resources in Criminal Justice Agencies
- Planning and Financial Management in Criminal Justice Agencies
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Advanced Forensic Science
- Forensic and Medicolegal Death Investigation
- Crime Scene Investigation and Management
- Legal Issues in Criminal Justice Agencies II
- Criminal Advocacy and Judicial Procedure
- Fundamentals of Civil Litigation
- Human Behavior & the Judiciary
- Information Resource Management for Criminal Justice Management
- Future Studies in Criminal Justice
- Analytical Understanding of Interviews & Interrogation
- Contemporary Issues in Criminal Justice Administration
- Impact of Terrorism on Homeland Security
- Management of Critical Incident Operations
- Risk Identification and Assessment
- Psychological Aspects of Critical Incidents
Students that successfully complete the MS in Criminal Justice program at Saint Leo University may be equipped to pursue positions in a variety of criminal justice-related fields at the local, state, or federal levels. Employment opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- FBI agent
- Loss prevention investigator
- Forensic scientist
- Corrections supervisor