MS in Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
Evidence processing and forensic investigation techniques are among the skills students have the chance to learn in the Master of Science in Criminal Justice program with a Forensic Science specialization at Saint Leo University. Discover more about this MS in Criminal Justice degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Criminal Justice with a Forensic Science specialization
School Offering Program:
Saint Leo University
The Forensic Science specialization in the Master of Science in Criminal Justice program may be of interest to those interested in preparing for a career using forensic science in the criminal justice field. Applicants to any graduate program at Saint Leo University need to have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Master of Science in Criminal Justice with a specialization in Forensic Science is designed to prepare students for the unique field of forensic investigation. Coursework in this track features classroom and hands-on instruction in topics like crime scene investigation techniques, medicolegal aspects of death investigation, and evidence processing. Students also have the chance to get a broad overview of advanced themes in criminal justice, from ethical and legal issues to public policy and theories of criminal behavior. Students are also exposed to a diverse array of subjects including hostage negotiations, personnel law, fiscal resource management, and terrorism.
Online and on-campus
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Saint Leo University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Master of Science in Criminal Justice with a Forensic Science Specialization:
The Master of Science in Criminal Justice with a Forensic Science specialization includes 36 credit hours. Credits are divided between five criminal justice courses, four forensic science courses and two electives chosen by the student. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Saint Leo University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Core Curriculum (18 credits)
- Criminal Sexual Behaviors
- Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice Administration
- Legal Issues in Criminal Justice Administration
- Public Policy Making in Criminal Justice
- Leadership Applications in Criminal Justice
- Applied Project in Criminal Justice Administration
Forensic Science Specialization Courses (12 credits)
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Advanced Forensic Science
- Forensic and Medicolegal Death Investigation
- Crime Scene Investigation and Management
- Choose two of the following:
- Terrorism in Israel
- Hostage Negotiations Phase I & II
- Preventing Terrorist Attacks
- Intro to Behavioral Science in Criminal Justice
- Insights into Criminal Behavior
- Criminal Sexual Behaviors
- Investigative Methodologies of Violence
- Contemporary Issues in Community Corrections
- Offender Treatment Methodology
- Corrections Issues and Trends
- Correctional Leadership
- Criminal Justice Policy Research and Evaluation
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice I
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice II
- Management of Human Resources in Criminal Justice Agencies
- Planning and Financial Management in Criminal Justice Agencies
- Legal Issues in Criminal Justice Agencies II
- Criminal Advocacy and Judicial Procedure
- Fundamentals of Civil Litigation
- Human Behavior & the Judiciary
- Information Resource Management for Criminal Justice Management
- Future Studies in Criminal Justice
- Analytical Understanding of Interviews & Interrogation
- Contemporary Issues in Criminal Justice Administration
- Impact of Terrorism on Homeland Security
- Management of Critical Incident Operations
- Risk Identification and Assessment
- Psychological Aspects of Critical Incidents
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete the Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Forensic Science program could choose to pursue a degree at the doctoral level. A doctoral degree might open up even more career possibilities, such as those in teaching or research. Here are a few options to consider:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Philosophy in Forensic Science
- Doctor of Philosophy Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Business Administration in Criminal Justice
The professional skills that students learn in Saint Leo University's MS in Criminal Justice - Forensic Science program, like investigative techniques, ethical conduct, and leadership, are designed to translate directly into their careers. They might be able to find positions where they assist criminal justice agencies during investigations where forensic science is a factor. Graduating students might be interested in careers such as these:
- Criminal justice practitioner
- Loss prevention investigator
- State, county, or local law enforcement officer
- Federal law enforcement officer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!