AS in Accounting
Students seeking to gain the fundamental skills needed for entry-level positions in accounting may want to consider the online Associate of Science in Accounting program offered through Southern New Hampshire University. Keep reading to learn more about this curriculum of this online associate degree program.
Official Program Name:
Associate of Science in Accounting
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Potential applicants to SNHU's Associate of Science in Accounting program may already have some mathematical and analytical skills. They could also possess strong problem-solving or communication skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Southern New Hampshire University offers an online Associate of Science in Accounting program that is designed to help students gain basic accounting skills as well as develop a solid knowledge of basic business principles. Students can study a variety of theories and methods of financial accounting, cost accounting, and managerial accounting as well as learn about the accounting cycle and GAAP. They will also be able to study micro and macroeconomics and see how to read and interpret financial documents.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Associate of Science in Accounting:
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- ACC 207: Cost Accounting
- ACC 307: Intermediate Accounting I
- ACC 308: Intermediate Accounting II
- IT 210: Business Systems Analysis and Design
- MKT 113: Introduction to Marketing
- OL 125: Human Relations in Administration
- ACC: one (1) Accounting elective at the 300/400 level
General Education Courses
- SNHU 107: Success Strategies for Online Learning
- Transfer students may either complete SNHU 107 or use a free elective to fulfill this requirement
- ENG 122: English Composition I
- ENG 123: English Composition II
- IT 100: Introduction to Information Technology
- ECO 201: Microeconomics
- ECO 202: Macroeconomics
- MAT 240: Applied Statistics
- Select one (1) course from the following:
- MAT 130: Applied Finite Mathematics
- MAT 140: Precalculus
- MAT 210: Applied Calculus I
- Select one (1) course in Humanities
- Gen Ed: one (1) course designated as EFAH
- 6 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
After completing SNHU's online Associate of Science in Accounting program, graduates may decide to continue their education by enrolling in a bachelor's degree program. A bachelor's program could help students prepare for additional career opportunities or to meet the educational requirements for industry certification. Some of bachelor's degree programs graduates may consider include:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Graduates of this accounting Associate of Science program could be prepared for a variety of entry-level accounting positions. Jobs may be found in a variety of industries, including healthcare, education, private businesses, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Some of the positions graduates could consider include:
- Accounting Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Office Manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!