AS in Business Administration
Southern New Hampshire University's Associate of Science in Business Administration program was designed to help students develop the basic business skills and knowledge that are useful in a variety of industries and jobs. Find out more about this online associate degree program in business here.
Official Program Name:
Associate of Science in Business Administration
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Individuals considering SNHU's Associate of Science in Business Administration program should have an interest is learning about business management. Strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and communication skills could also be helpful. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
SNHU's online Associate of Science in Business Administration allows students to build a foundational understanding of business fields like accounting, management, human resources, marketing, economics, and business law. Students can study the theories and methods related to each of these fields as well as see real world applications of each. Specific course topics help students understand the difference between managerial and financial accounting, learn about the effective human resource management tactics, and study organizational leadership strategies.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Associate of Science in Business Administration:
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- BUS 206: Business Law I
- MKT 113: Introduction to Marketing
- OL 125: Human Relations in Administration
- OL 211: Human Resource Management
- OL 215: Principles of Management
- OL: two (2) Organizational Leadership courses
General Education Courses
- SNHU 107: Success Strategies for Online Learning
- Transfer students may either complete SNHU 107 or use a free elective to fulfill this requirement
- ENG 122: English Composition I
- ENG 123: English Composition II
- IT 100: Introduction to Information Technology
- ECO 201: Microeconomics
- ECO 202: Macroeconomics
- MAT 240: Applied Statistics
- Gen Ed: one (1) course designated as EFAH
- 9 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
The AS in Business Administration program prepares students for entry-level employment, but some students could choose to further their education with a bachelor's degree program. Bachelor's programs may provide students with more advanced business knowledge or allow them to choose area of specialization, such as accounting, marketing, or small business management. Some of the possibilities they can consider are:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Small Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Studies - Business Administration
After successfully completing SNHU's Associate of Science in Business Administration, graduates could pursue entry-level employment opportunities in a variety of fields, including small businesses, corporate offices, government organizations, educational institutions, and more.
Some of the entry-level positions graduates could pursue include:
- Office Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Account Manager
- Human Resources Assistant
- Management Trainee
- Sales Representative
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!