BA General Studies
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Arts in General Studies program allows students to focus their curriculum on their areas of interest while maximizing college credits they have already earned. Read on to learn more about SNHU's online Bachelor of Arts in General Studies.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Students considering this general studies program may already have completed some college credits and are interested in expanding their skills and education through a bachelor's degree program. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Arts in General Studies program allows students to choose the focus of their degree by selecting a concentration that fits their goals and interests. The online program is designed to maximize the credits students may have already earned and help them earn a bachelor's degree in the shortest amount of time. Students must complete 45 credits of general education courses in English, math, science, the humanities, and more and then take at least 12 credits in a concentration area. More than 20 concentrations are available and include options such as accounting, environmental science, sports management, retailing, and history.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify in the forms of loans, scholarships, and grants. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in General Studies:
Required Major Courses
- ENG 122: English Composition I
- ENG 123: English Composition II
- SNHU 107: Success Strategies for Online Learning
- IND 201: Self-Designed Degree Program Planning
- Select one of the following courses:
- MAT 130: Applied Finite Mathematics
- MAT 135: The Heart of Mathematics
- MAT 140: Precalculus
- MAT 210: Applied Calculus I
- MAT 211: Applied Calculus II
- MAT 230: Discrete Mathematics
- MAT 240: Applied Statistics
- MAT 299: Mathematical Proof and Problem Solving
- Students select one seminar plus two (2) courses from the Exploration area:
- IDS 400: Diversity
- IDS 401: Global Society
- IDS 402: Wellness
- IDS 403: Preparing for the Future
- Select two Fine Arts and Humanities courses from disciplines FAS, HIS, LIT and PHL
- Select two Social and Behavioral Sciences courses from disciplines ATH/SOC/SCS, ECO, POL and PSY
- Select two Science, Technology and Mathematics courses from disciplines BIO, SCI, IT and MAT
- Select two additional General Education electives
Concentration Area Courses
- Students take 12 credits of courses in one of the following concentration areas:
- Business Administration
- Business Information Systems
- Business Studies
- Computer Information Technology
- Creative Writing & English
- Criminal Justice
- English Language & Literature
- Environmental Science
- Fashion Merchandising
- Human Resource Management
- Human Services
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Sports Management
- 60 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
After earning a Bachelor of Arts in General Studies from SNHU, graduates may decide to continue their education through a graduate degree program. Master's degree programs may help students prepare for advanced careers or to focus their studies in a specific area, such as business, communications, psychology, or criminal justice. Some of the master's degree programs graduates could consider include:
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Political Science
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of General Studies program prepares students for entry-level employment opportunities in a number of fields that require a bachelor's degree. Graduates could seek employment in an array of areas depending on their interest and career goals. Some career options could be found in retail stores, business offices, hospitality companies, and more.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!