BA Information Technologies
The Bachelor of Arts in Information Technologies program offered through Southern New Hampshire University allows students to gain the practical skills and technical abilities to seek IT careers in a variety of organizations. Learn more about this online program offered by SNHU here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Information Technologies
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent. Students who are considering applying to SNHU's Bachelor of Arts in Information Technologies program may have an interest in working with computers and strong decision-making and organizational skills. Some applicants may already be working in the IT field.
The Bachelor of Arts in Information Technologies program offered through Southern New Hampshire University is designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of information technologies, including data manipulation, systems design, and computational thinking, in order to become competitive in the IT job market. Courses cover topics in network components and computer platforms as well as website design and business systems analysis. Additional required courses cover project management, database design, IT communications, networking, and cyber security. In addition, students complete three capstone courses, including one that focuses on building a digital portfolio that can demonstrate their skills to potential employers.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Information Technologies:
Information Technology Major Courses
- IT 145: Foundation in Application Development
- IT 200: Fundamentals of Information Technology
- IT 201: Computer Platform Technologies
- IT 210: Business Systems Analysis and Design
- IT 270: Web Site Design
- IT 315: Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- IT 328: Project Management in Information Technology
- IT 330: Database Design and Management
- IT 331: Human Factors in Information Technology
- IT 340: Network and Telecommunication Management
- IT 380: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- IT 385: Information Technology Communications
- IT 412: Cyberlaw and Ethics
- IT 415: Advanced Information Systems Design (Capstone)
- IT 420: Advanced Information Systems Implementation (Capstone)
- IT 489: Information Technology Portfolio Planning
- COM 126: Introduction to Mass Communication
- PSY 257: Social Psychology
- Students chose one of the following:
- SCI 218: Natural Resources
- SCI 220: Energy and Society
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take MAT 240 and PSY 108 as General Education requirements.)
- 18 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
After completing this bachelor's degree program from SNHU, graduates could choose to continue their studies in an IT-related master's degree program. A graduate degree could be important for those interested in pursuing managerial positions or to help students specialize in a specific area of information technology, such as cyber security or data analysis. Some of the master's degree programs students could consider include:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Cyber Security
- MBA in Information Technology Management
After earning the Bachelor of Arts in Information Technologies from Southern New Hampshire University, graduates could seek employment in the IT department of a variety of businesses and organizations. They might apply to positions where they help organizations implement and maximize new technologies or recommend computer system designs and maintenance solutions.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Systems Analyst
- Systems/Network Administrator
- IT Manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!