The online Bachelor of Science in Finance program at Southern New Hampshire University helps prepare students for entry- and mid-level positions in finance, banking, and business organizations. Learn more about SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Finance program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Finance
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
The Bachelor of Science in Finance program at SNHU may be of interest to students who desire to work in the banking and finance industries. Aspiring students may have an aptitude for math and problem-solving skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Finance program allows students the opportunity to study the fundamentals of investing, corporate finance, and wealth management. Students can also learn about ethical and legal issues in finance, such as international reporting and securities regulations, and study the different types of financial markets. Additional finance courses prepare students to develop financial plans, analyze financial statements, and create finance forecasts.
Online student can also take general business courses in areas like economics, strategic management, human resources, and statistics. Students could also choose to add a concentration in financial planning.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Finance:
Finance Major Courses
- FIN 330: Corporate Finance
- FIN 336: Multinational Corporate Finance
- FIN 340: Fundamentals of Investments
- FIN 335: Financial Markets
- FIN 341: Financial Regulations and Ethics
- FIN 450: Wealth Management
- FIN 470: Finance Capstone
- FIN/ECO: 9 credits in Finance or Economics (with a minimum of 6 credits at the 300/400 level)
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take ECO 201, ECO 202, and MAT 240 as part of their General Education Courses.)
Business Core Courses
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- BUS 206: Business Law I
- FIN 320: Principles of Finance
- INT 113: Introduction to International Business
- IT 210: Business Systems Analysis and Design
- MKT 113: Introduction to Marketing
- OL 125: Human Relations in Administration
- OL 421: Strategic Management and Policy
- FIN 325: Financial Statements and Reporting Analysis
- 15 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Finance program may choose to further their education and expand their career choices by pursuing a master's degree. There are there are several related graduate degrees available.
Master's programs that graduates might choose to pursue include:
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Business Administration in Finance
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting
- Master of Science in Corporate Finance
After completing this Bachelor of Science in Finance program, graduates could be prepared to pursue entry- or mid-level positions in the financial sector. Graduates may find work in places such as banks, insurance companies, investment firms, and credit card agencies. They could also be able to seek solo employment in consulting, tax preparation or appraisal.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!