BS in Criminal Justice - Police Administration and Operations
The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Police Administration and Operations program offered by Southern New Hampshire University is designed to help students gain the criminal justice knowledge and administrative skills needed to begin a leadership position within a modern police department. For more information on this online bachelor's degree program, read on.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Police Administration and Operations
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Applicants to SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Police Administration and Operations may have an interest in the criminal justice field and a desire to advance into a leadership position. They may also have strong communication and analytical skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
The Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Police Administration and Operations program at SNHU is focused on helping students learn about the inner workings of police agencies and the various roles they play in the community. Specialization courses cover the functions of today's police departments and the roles of different positions within it in order to help students determine where they may best fit. Course topics cover leadership and management techniques, best practices for patrol operations and community policing, and crisis intervention - including mediation and negotiation techniques. By the end of the program, students should have a solid foundation in essential criminal justice principles as well as the knowledge needed for a professional career in security or law enforcement.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Police Administration and Operations:
Criminal Justice Major Courses
- JUS 101: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJ 202: Writing for the Criminal Justice Profession
- CJ 104: Ethics and the Criminal Justice Leader
- CJ 300: Research Methods for Criminal Justice
- JUS 261: Judicial Administration
- JUS 305: International Criminal Justice
- JUS 331: Juvenile Justice System
- JUS 375: Criminal Law
- JUS 455: Legal Traditions
- CJ 480: Capstone in Criminal Justice
Police Administration and Operations Concentration Courses
- CJ 330: Leadership/Management in Criminal Justice Organizations
- CJ 331: Effective Patrol and Community Policing
- CJ 332: Crisis Intervention for Police
- CJ 400: Crime Analysis and Effective Police Service
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
- 24 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of this SNHU online bachelor's degree program may choose to enroll in a master's degree program in order to continue their education. A graduate degree could be required for some upper-level administration or leadership positions; advanced programs could also help them specialize in a specific area of police administration or operations, such as public safety. Some of the programs they could consider include:
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Public Safety Administration
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration
- Master of Public Administration
Graduates of SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with a concentration in Police Administration and Operations could be prepared to explore employment opportunities in police operations, law enforcement administration, private security, or gaming surveillance. Depending on their experience and additional training, students might pursue positions such as:
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Criminal Justice Administrator
- Community Services Coordinator
- Parole Officer
- Security Consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!