BS in Game Programming and Development
Southern New Hampshire University's online Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development program is designed to help students learn the programming languages as well as the hardware and software used to develop video games. Learn more about the BS in Game Programming and Development program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
Students considering SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development program may have an interest in gaming and software development, and they may already have some computer skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Students who enroll in the Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development program at Southern New Hampshire University will have the chance to gain the technical skills needed to succeed in the game programming and software development fields. The courses cover major programming languages, including C++, Java, and C#, as well as how to use 3D modeling, sculpting, and imaging software like Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk. Other course topics include scripting, interactive animation, game environment design, advanced graphics and layouts, artificial intelligence, and IT project management. In addition, students can learn the techniques for designing games for different platforms, including computers, mobile devices, and the web.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development:
- IT 200: Fundamentals of Information Technology
- IT 145: Foundation in Application Development
- GAM 207: Information Technology and Digital Games
- COM 230: Graphics and Layout in Print Media
- GRA 220: Introduction to Digital Imaging
- GRA 202: 3-D Modeling and Animation
- GRA 211: Interactive Animation
- MAT 350: Applied Linear Algebra
- IT 230: Software Development with C#.NET
- IT 312: Software Development w/C++.NET
- GAM 303: Design of Virtual Game Environments
- GAM 305: Digital Game Development
- GRA 310: Digital Graphic Design for the Web
- GAM 312: Scripting for Games
- GAM 415: Graphics Game Engine
- IT 328: Project Management in Information Technology
- IT 450: Artificial Intelligence
- GAM 465: Digital Multimedia Development
- GAM 495: Game Programming Capstone
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take MAT 225 and PSY 108 as General Education requirements.)
- 18 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development program could choose to expand their skills by pursuing graduate degrees in areas of game development or design. Master's degree programs could help students learn new technologies and programs or prepare them for leadership positions in the field. Some of the master's degree programs they could consider include:
- Master of Science in Game Development
- Master of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in Game Design and Development
- Master of Science in Information Technology with a concentration in IT Management
After completing the Bachelor of Science in Game Programming and Development from Southern New Hampshire University, graduates could seek employment in a variety of positions related to game programming, software development, or even non-game application development. Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Game Programmer
- Game Engineer
- Video Game Developer
- Software Applications Developer
- Game Designer
- AI Programmer
- Simulation Programmer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!