BS in Management Information Systems - Project Mgmt
Students of Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Project Management program are given the opportunity to develop managerial skills relating to all phase of project development in an IT setting. Learn more about this online BS degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Project Management
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
An academic background in computer science or information technology as well as business could prove beneficial for prospective students of the Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Project Management program. Strong organizational and communication skills would be useful for these students as well. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University should have a high school diploma or equivalent; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Project Management program at Southern New Hampshire University is designed to guide students through all phases of project management, from estimating to resource management. Concentration courses might address schedule control and cost estimation and the integration of these practices with the scope of a project. In addition, courses might cover performance assessment, Agile project management frameworks, and working with contractors. In major coursework, students have the opportunity to learn about data management and analysis, hardware and software technologies for information technology professionals, business intelligence tools, e-business strategies, and IT management tools and techniques. The program also includes an integrative capstone course and a business core covering finance, cyberlaw, marketing, and client support.
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Southern New Hampshire University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems - Project Management:
The 120 credits needed to complete this Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems program consists of 42 general education credits, 27 credits in business core courses, 27 credits in MIS classes, 12 credits in the concentration area, and 12 free elective credits. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Southern New Hampshire University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
General Education Courses (42 credits)
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Introduction to Quantitative Analysis
- Applied Statistics for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Perspectives in Liberal Arts
- Success Strategies for Online Learning
- Perspectives in the Humanities
- Applied Humanities
- Perspectives in the Natural Sciences
- Applied Natural Sciences
- Perspectives in History
- Applied History
- Students choose one of the following courses:
- Global Society
- Technology and Society
- Popular Culture
Business Core Courses (27 credits)
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Legal Implications of Vendor Partnership
- Cyberlaw and Ethics
- Introduction to International Business
- Business Systems Analysis and Design
- Client Systems and Support
- Human Relations in Administration
- Operations Management
Management Information Systems Major Courses (27 credits)
- Introduction to Structured Database Environments
- Introduction to Scripting
- Computer Platform Technologies
- IT Service Management
- Enterprise Information Systems/Database
- Electronic Business
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Management Information Systems Capstone
- Students choose one of the following courses:
- Project Management
- Project Management for CAPM Certification
Project Management Concentration Courses (12 credits)
- Project Contracting and Procurement
- Resource Estimating and Scheduling
- Integrated Cost and Schedule Control
- Adaptive Project Management
Free Electives (12 credits)
- Students choose four elective courses.
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the BS in Management Information Systems - Project Management program who wish to pursue advanced roles in corporate IT settings might enroll in a master's degree program. A graduate degree program could offer more in-depth studies in upper management practices, management theories, and corporate technologies.
Master's degrees graduates might be prepared to pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Project Management
- Master of Science in Information Systems Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Information Technology
After being awarded a BS in Management Information Systems - Project Management from Southern New Hampshire University, graduates might be prepared to apply their leadership and technical skills in IT departments or technical consulting firms. They might oversee all aspects of IT project development, such as cost estimating, scheduling, team building, assessment, and implementation.
These graduates might apply for such positions as:
- IT project lead
- Computer systems analyst
- IT project manager
- Information systems manager
- Information technology consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!