BS in Operations Management with concentration in Project Management
The Bachelor of Science in Operations Management with a concentration in Project Management program is designed to prepare students to execute and manage projects in a variety of manufacturing and services industries. Learn more about this online bachelor's program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Operations Management with a concentration in Project Management
School Offering Program:
Southern New Hampshire University
The Bachelor of Science in Operations Management with a concentration in Project Management may be of interest to students who have an interest in managing people and processes as well as strong communication, problem-solving, or decision-making skills. All applicants to Southern New Hampshire University programs must have earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Southern New Hampshire University's Bachelor of Science in Operations Management with a concentration in Project Management program offers a variety of courses related to managing projects related to the production and transportation of products, services, or people. Concentration courses cover contracts, procurement, estimating, and scheduling. Core courses cover general operation management topics, such as supply chain management, sustainable operations, agile project management, and technology trends in operations management. The program cumulates with a capstone course.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid is available to those who qualify, plus a 30 percent tuition discount for active-duty service members and their spouses. Contact the SNHU Financial Aid office to learn more about your financial aid options.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Operations Management with a concentration in Project Management:
Required Major Courses
- QSO 320: Management Science through Spreadsheets
- QSO 325: Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques
- QSO 328: Sustainable Operations
- QSO 330: Supply Chain Management
- QSO 415: Trends in Operations Management
- QSO 489: Capstone in Operations Management
- Students select one of the following:
- QSO 340: Project Management
- QSO 345: Project Management for CAPM Certification
Project Management Concentration Courses
- QSO 349: Project Contracting and Procurement
- QSO 355: Resource Estimating and Scheduling
- QSO 420: Integrated Cost and Schedule Control
- QSO 435: Adaptive Project Management
General Education Courses
- 12 credits of Foundation Area courses
- 24 credits of Exploration Area courses
- 9 credits of Integration Area courses
(Note: Students must take ECO 201, ECO 202, and MAT 240 as part of their General Education Courses.)
Business Core Courses
- ACC 201: Financial Accounting
- ACC 202: Managerial Accounting
- BUS 206: Business Law I
- FIN 320: Principles of Finance
- INT 113: Introduction to International Business
- IT 210: Business Systems Analysis and Design
- MKT 113: Introduction to Marketing
- OL 125: Human Relations in Administration
- OL 421: Strategic Management and Policy
- QSO 300: Operations Management
- 12 credits of free elective courses
Furthering Your Education:
While graduates of SNHU's Bachelor of Science in Operations Management with a concentration in Project Management program could be prepared to seek project management positions in a variety of companies, some individuals might wish to continue their education by pursing a master's degree. A graduate degree could also help those seeking advancement in the field.
Master's degree options include:
- Master of Science in Operations and Project Management
- MBA in operations & Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Project Management
Graduates of this online bachelor's degree program could be prepared to apply the management and organizational skills they have developed to project management positions in many different industries. They could find work in professional, scientific, and technical services, as well as the healthcare, manufacturing, finance, and insurance industries.
Some of the positions graduates could pursue include:
- Project manager
- Project coordinator
- Operations manager
- Project planner
- Cost estimator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!